Customer Service Representative (Japanese Speaking) - Global Customer Assistance Service
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is at an intermediate support staff level and is responsible for applying some judgment in resolving routine problems or making recommendations. A successful candidate is able to deliver a positive customer interaction, is dependable, seeks to learn, and is coachable.
- Respond to inbound telephone calls and may generate outbound calls regarding information on aspects of multiple Visa products.
- Evaluate the nature of each call and determine the appropriate action to complete the call.
- Answer general customer service questions from cardholders, explain multiple program features, and where appropriate, transfer the customer to the issuing bank to obtain specific account information or transfer the customer to an appropriate Third Party Service Provider.
- Adhere to established Client Support Services' procedures and guidelines while providing quality customer service in order to meet and exceed department standards.
- Provide general information and support on any VISA related topic or product and direct the customer accordingly.
- Use several computer programs to respond to customer inquiries.
- Document cases to show action taken.
- Must possess a clear speaking voice and strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and make decisions quickly based on the customer's needs.
- Ability to handle difficult calls in a professional manner.
- Requires accuracy and attention to details.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple service requests with strict time limits on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledgeable of the payments business and VISA operating procedures after the training class.
- Knowledgeable of multiple Visa product lines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Basic PC skills in a Windows environment; however strong keyboard skills are required.
- Able to navigate through the internet.
- Requires a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a customer service environment
- Able to speak fluent Japanese and English is essential in order to support the Japan market
- Able to work on weekends and open to a variety of shifts
- Able to work 3PM to 12 Midnight shift.
- Preferably, a university graduate
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills is must.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and change direction mid-course based on business drivers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Ability to work independently in a high throughput environment
WHAT YOU GET FOR WORKING AT VISA:
An international contact center environment filled with amazing people and incredible career opportunities
Fun, rewarding work environment with relaxing spaces, unlimited beverages, gym and game room
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.