Director, Account Management - Client Services
- Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Client Services (CS) provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice-of-the-customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition to support client implementation of Visa products & services globally, CS is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
The role requires the candidate to lead key strategic initiatives with Issuers, Acquirers, Merchants and Processors (Visa clients) with the focus on delivering the value of VisaNet into their payments business. The role is primarily an individual contributor expected to design, create and execute key market strategies that focus on enabling Visa clients to activate key capabilities in core areas of card center operations, card management systems and digital solutions. While the role is an individual contributor, key leadership competencies are required as the position may evolve into a leadership role to manage a team of Account Managers. The primary market scope are Philippines and Guam that expands coverage to the rest of the emerging markets in Southeast Asia (Indonesia, Philippines, Myanmar and Cambodia)
Main tasks include (but not limited to):
- To lead in the delivery of all key enterprise initiatives by engaging with country team, cross-functional teams and clients primarily in the Philippines and Guam markets (core business, digital initiatives, system mandates, and so on). The role also requires to expand scope to the rest emerging markets in Southeast Asia (Indonesia, Philippines, Myanmar and Cambodia)
- To provide thought leadership and guidance to cross-functional Visa organizations in developing strategies in the introduction of new Visa products and services in the emerging markets of Southeast Asia. This role requires the ability to articulate clients’ system capabilities with cross-functional teams in order to develop a clear and executable program rollout plan that is critical to timeline and budget forecast. To lead conversations involving cross-functional Visa organizations, country teams and clients in developing a capability and solutions-based approach that is critical to the implementation of new Visa products and services
- Consultant to client institutions who influences clients’ management teams and working teams in bringing their operational excellence to the next level of their businesses. Accomplishing this task will be through actively working with clients in leading and influencing them to perform required calibrations to their system, operational procedures, understanding of Visa rules, etc. in order to be in-line with regional and global best practices to increase or optimize their card payment business profitability
- Lead initiatives in ensuring all clients are up to speed with their VisaNet operational and technical knowledge by designing and executing comprehensive client training programs that include coverage new clients’ onboarding, intermediate and advanced level of VisaNet knowledge
- Ability to manage and drive key internal and external stakeholders in adeptly resolving critical issues on the ground independently and without the proximity of peers/colleague in the hub. This ability requires in-depth experience, crisis management abilities paired with critical decision-making aptitude. This role will be the main escalation point of issues affecting client processing and connectivity to VisaNet
- Consultant and Subject Matter Expert to both internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and agility in developing a win-win situations in designing approach on successful delivery of key projects, addressing complex issues and challenges that relates to core business growth and digital deployment initiatives
- To lead and contribute in important regulatory discussions by delivering workshops tailored for decision-makers aimed at educating participants on VisaNet Operations. To use these meetings as opportunity to clearly articulate the value, reliability and security of Visa products/services to the country and local payment industry
- Bachelors/Degree or equivalent experience; Minimum of 12+ years progressively responsible experience in an operations or technical role in financial services, payment card, card operations is required.
- Local market and regulatory knowledge (Philippines and emerging cluster of SEA) and functional experience in bankcard operations, preferably Visa, supporting highly complex clients and/or services
- Working knowledge of Visa systems including authorization & clearing systems, client connectivity, Visa Settlement Services, Visa dispute processing
- Working knowledge of payments network and processing services - message routing, STIP, clearing and settlement
- Working knowledge of Visa digital services, Scan and Pay, VTS, VDP, etc.
- Familiarity of the market’s Fintech scene is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven abilities in negotiating with and influencing customers and staff at all levels.
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans.
- Experience using standard MS Office tools (e.g. MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Excellent time management, project management, organization, and planning skills.
- Able to set priorities, influence others, and manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrate success in customer relationship management.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to prioritize and multi-task under deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to articulate complex technical terms or processes into business language.
- Language proficiencies for market support needs (Tagalog/Filipino)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.