- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The candidate will be the go-to leader for the Accounts Payable (AP) processes in the Dubai Hub Shared Service Center including processing invoices, and payments within defined time periods and in accordance with company policies. The principal role of this position is to support the payment processing for entities across CEMEA – Central Europe, Middle East, and Africa. This role will have high visibility in the regional hub and beyond.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Perform AP responsibilities while considering the relevant CEMEA country business environment
- Ensure processing/payment of invoices are in compliance with established key controls
- Provide strong customer service and support and demonstrate initiative in preventing invoice and expense issues
- Process and maintain accounting records for business units/sub-regional offices and other system interfaces to ensure a high quality of accounting accuracy, timeliness of reporting and compliance to corporate policies, GAAP, SEC and SOX requirements, including closing the payables modules in the general ledger at each period end
- Ensure AP and T&E transactions are captured, recorded, summarized and reported in compliance with policies & procedures, US GAAPs, IFRS, as well as statutory, corporate and tax requirements (as applicable).
- Work closely with CEMEA Controller as well as other Finance team members to assess requirements for change in processes and procedures. Initiate and propose procedural changes to enhance data quality and process flows.
- Assess financial impact of changes to accounting policies, processes and other parameters.
- Drive continuous efficiency and effectiveness in day-to-day activities.
- Analyze executed business transactions to detect anomalies and non-compliances. Work with other supporting functions to investigate report and assist the business units to remediate the issues and implement effective AP controls to avoid re-occurrence.
- Ensure Withholding Tax and GST/VAT are properly accounted for and coded correctly, Record Indirect Taxes Appropriately.
- Liaise with business owners and the Tax department on treatment of withholding taxes.
- Partner with Sourcing Organization to ensure proper distribution of Purchase orders, and partner with business units to ensure invoices are properly received
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Ensure meeting accounting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and annual financial close. Quality of accounting records – compliant with corporate policies, GAAP, FCPA, SEC and SOX. Accurate accounting of AP transactions – leading to minimum accounting adjustments/errors.
- Contribute to an environment focused on controls, ensuring compliance with key operating controls and proper segregation of duties, while meeting stated service levels.
- Lead timely research and resolution of invoice and payment issues with internal employees and external vendors
- Operate with minimal supervision and make decisions based on acquired skills and knowledge.
- Effective communication with stakeholders to ensure consistent application of key accounting treatments
- Demonstrate ability to research identify processing or payment gaps, effectively setting expectations with internal stakeholders and external clients
- Drive various projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Non-recurrence of audit issues.
- Timely and effective implementation of assigned projects/duties.
- Adhere to personal and team targets in invoices and amounts processed during the established timespan.
- Promptly monitor and respond to queries sent to the Accounts Payable general mailbox.
- Error-free processing of highly sensitive documents that require precise entry (i.e. Incentive payments and withholding tax reimbursements)
- Make decisions on appropriate accounting treatment for transactions in compliance with published policies and guidelines.
- Prioritize tasks within job function balancing the need to meet tight deadlines, stated service level agreements, and other corporate demands.
- Initiate and implement process changes within assigned function to improve controls, productivity or quality of work output.
- Exercise good judgment to escalate issues to Regional Controller CEMEA and other key stakeholders along with recommended solution to resolve.
- Assist with internal audit, walk-through, and SOX documentation with ability to provide appropriate recommendation
- Review and/or process Accounts Payable for CEMEA entities.
- Collection, review, summarization, analysis and reporting of financial and non-financial information for area of responsibility.
- Provide evidence of adherence to stated SOX controls
- Assist management with ad hoc projects as necessary, including enhancement of Finance systems and rollout of new corporate card to new entities.
- Degree in Accounting and professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA CPA or equivalent)
- Minimum 6 years of AP experience in a multinational services firm environment with additional experience in expense accounting
- Hands on experience with US GAAP/IFRS and SEC/statutory requirements
- Exposure to cross border payments and knowledge of regional bank standards
- Experience in a multi-currency environment, including FX transactions
- English fluency is required; Knowledge of Russian, Arabic preferred
- Experience in a Big 4 accounting firm is preferred
- Required systems experience: Oracle R11i and 12 GL, AP, PO, Concur, iProcurement; Knowledge of Markview 170 Systems, OBIEE, Primavera, Discoverer modules preferred
- Strong technical accounting skills, and experience researching and documenting accounting issues
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications – Excel, Word, Access
- Conceptual and working knowledge of financial database
- Familiar with CEMEA tax regimes (e.g. CIT, VAT, GST) with an ability to process invoices in view of accounting and tax implications
- Strong business ethics
- Ability to work well under pressure with little or no supervision and juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work well in a fast paced and high volume environment
- Superior communication and personal skills; commitment to customer service
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
Complexity in accounting due to multi-dimensional financial reporting requirements – data needs to be analyzed by cost centre, account, product, country, projects, services as well in various currencies. In addition, accounting records need to comply with US GAAP and local statutory financial and tax laws, and need to consider impact of tax issues in each country. The financial reporting systems are highly integrated with statistical and operational databases.