Senior Network Security Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving problems and
taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This is at
intermediate professional level and works independently with minimal guidance,
and requires a high level proficiency in networking and security disciplines
• This position is responsible for day-to-day administration of network
firewalls designed to protect networks and systems from malicious/unauthorized
network access or misuse.
• Primary responsibilities includes, updating firewall rules/policies to meet
customer requirements, validating that user requests do not allow unauthorized
network access, firewall log analysis, troubleshooting network connectivity
problem via use of packet captures using packet capture technologies.
• Having broad knowledge of information security , understanding application ,data , threats and mitigation , and security trends.
• Troubleshooting firewall fault conditions and coordinating firewall rebuild
• Coordinates with the Security Operations Center to proactively defend against
the known exploits and vulnerabilities.
• Configures internet proxy servers to restrict corporate internet access to
support the company's acceptable use policy.
• Diagnoses and resolves network connectivity problems in short time frames
• Applies security software patches, and assists in capacity expansions.
• Updates incident and change management records
• Provides technical support for activities that improve the security posture
of Visa's networks.
• Provides 24x7 on-call support whenever preformation the duty of on-call, which has roaster that is rotated.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science
or a related field is required. Post graduate degree a plus
• A minimum of 6+ years of professional experience
• Strong experience in standard Enterprise Network Firewalls such as Check Point ,Fortinet, and Palo Alto Networks.
• Strong experience on WAF solution on cloud and on prem , such as Imperva , Akamai Cloud , F5, Fortinet etc
• Strong experience on Anti-DDoS Solutions – Radware , Nexusguards , Arbor Networks, Akamai
• Ability to manage Provider-1 and/or Panorama management and logging systems
• Self-motivated, attitude of ownership, and a strong desire to learn
• Lead and mentor junior team members , on various aspects of network security .
• Experience administering enterprise IP networks in mission-critical, 24x7
• Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex
systems and network environments
• Experience supporting Bluecoat Proxy, Cisco ASA and Arbor technologies and
• Experience in Linux and Windows operating systems (high comfort level using
• Check Point Administrator (CCSA), Check Point Engineer (CCSE), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Ethical Hacker, CompTIA Security+ certifications preferred
• Experience in F5 GTM , Radware , Nexusguards , Arbor networks is a plus
• Familiar with ITIL concepts such as Incident, Change, and Problem Management
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.