Senior Software Analyst
- Reading, UK
Job Title: Senior Software Analyst
Job Code: REF18152N
Skill Category: Technology
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Start date: Friday 3rd May 2019
Closing Date: Friday 31st May 2019
Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
What’s it all about?
We are seeking a Senior System Analyst to work in the Distributed Systems, Operations and Engineering Application Support Team. The candidate will be responsible for managing and maintaining Verified by Visa (VbV), 3DSecure 2.0 and other mission critical 24*7 applications. You'll be working in a face-paced environment and will be a liaison between the Product Office and Product Development. You will also be working closely with infrastructure, security and other teams as required.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Level 2 Application Support for Verified by Visa (VbV), 3DS 2.0 and other applications and services at Visa.
- Change, Incident and Problem management according to Visa guidelines.
- Participate in change planning, deployment and review.
- Monitor incident queues, troubleshoot issues and lead conference calls with other groups to mitigate impacts.
- Determine root cause of issues and document it in the appropriate system.
- Project management for Information Technology initiatives.
- Participate in on call rotation as assigned by manager.
- Facilitate and attend meetings for Business and Information Technology initiatives.
- Write and maintain programs and scripts to achieve Information Technology objectives.
- Provide 24/7 support as needed and work with offshore teams to facilitate around the clock support for applications and services.
What we’re after…
- Proven experience with the 3D Secure protocol, VbV Directory Server, VbV Authentication History Server, VbV Attempts Access Control Server and the VbV Test Suite.
- Proven experience in Level 2 application support for critical applications.
- International Payments experience essential.
- Proven experience using change, incident and problem management systems such as Remedy, Service Now or equivalent.
- Proven experience planning, deploying and reviewing changes for critical applications. Experience with Jenkins is a plus.
- Proven experience with Linux and/or Windows operating system.
- Proven experience supporting Java applications that run in Apache Tomcat, JWS, WebSphere or similar containers.
- Proven experience with relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server or equivalent.
- Writing scripts in BASH, PYTHON, Windows Shell or PowerShell or equivalent.
- Networking concepts and protocols such as DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP, PKI, SSL, TLS, Digital Certificates, Security Scanning or equivalent.
- Experience with web services such as SOAP or equivalent and web service testing tools such as Soap-UI or equivalent.
- Experience with external application monitoring tools such as Keynote, ThousandEyes or equivalent.
- Experience with log analysis tools such as Splunk or equivalent.
- Oracle Coherence, IBM MQ
- Experience with Hardware Security Modules (HSM) or equivalent Encryption/Decryption accelerator technologies.
- Education requirements are Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field as well as proven experience in Information Technology or a related field, or a Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field as well as proven experience in Information Technology or a related field.