Staff Software Test Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
EVS & Emerging Services provides support for Digital Card Account Services (DCAS), Enhanced Visa Services (EVS), Visa Transaction Controls (VTC), and Cooperative Authorization Processing Service (CAPS). The team focuses on developing REST-based API solutions that enable issuers to leverage each of these applications.
The Staff Software Test Engineer will play a pivotal role in the team with an opportunity to design and implement automated test solutions in an agile methodology. The responsibilities also include gathering and clarifying requirements, facilitating communication with other groups within the organization, and providing input to design discussions. It is an opportunity to learn, lead and work on technologies for these Issuer Processing applications.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Working knowledge of Java
- Proficiency with Selenium, QTP, or similar automation tools
- Strong technical competency in building and executing automated tests for REST based services
- Experience with Agile methodologies and tools (Rally, JIRA, Confluence)
- Hands-on experience working with databases such as Oracle, MySQL & MongoDB
- Experience testing software at the API level using SOA suite, SOAP UI, PostMan, REST Client, etc.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo
- Experience with Test Case Management related tools (HP Quality Center/ALM, Zephyr, qTest, Testcollab, etc.)
- Experience with distributed source control systems such as Git
- Collaborate with developers and QA leads to improve testability, automation, and tools
- Design and develop QA load / automation tools and test frameworks
- Work with the team to increase the test coverage
- Take ownership of test deliverables with minimal oversight
- Lead and execute testing during all stages of development and release cycle
- Work with QA leads to develop and improve effectiveness of automation
- Design and execute test plans, scenarios and scripts
- Provide oversight and guidance to other test team members
- Identify process deficiences and suggest improvements
- Conduct test plan reviews with stakeholders
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects
- Determine risks to test deliverables and create mitigation plans
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
- Define test parameters, design tests, interpret test results and analyze test trends
- Assist in managing the test platforms
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.