Senior Product Support Engineer - Acquirer Solutions
- Foster City, CA, USA
Position Location: Foster City, CA or Bellevue, WA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Product Support Engineering team is a Tier 3 customer support team tasked with supporting online merchants using all CyberSource Enterprise products and services. Candidates will be expected to handle escalated case tickets, work with other teams inside and outside the Customer Support organization, provide product training, and interface with customers on an as needed basis.
- Troubleshooting escalated technical problems
- Escalating issues to Product Development, Product Management, and/or Operations teams and managing their resolution
- Building internal support-related tools and documentation
- Participating in requirements, design, and roll out of new products and services
- Interfacing with both ‘direct’ and ‘reseller’ customers
- Representing Customer Support to other departments in the company including sales, operations, product management, and product development
- Creating, editing, and distributing customer notifications
- Responsible for training junior members of the team and acting as as a go-to and experienced leader for the junior members of the team
- Customer feedback and metrics
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Significant prior experience of providing in-depth technical experience such as Tier 3 technical support, software development, or back-end web development
- Experience working with such technologies as Windows, Unix, Linux, Java, C/C++, SQL, ASP, Visual Basic, VBScript, DBMS and/or XML
- Experience working directly with customers via phone/email/eTicketing systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problems solving skills
- Prior experience with online payment, risk management, or point-of-sale transaction technologies
- Experience of working across complex matrix organizations
- Committed to service excellence and added value through exceeding client expectations and anticipating client needs. Works in close partnership with clients to achieve their aims and develop a mutually beneficial working relationship
- Contributes effectively to achievement of organisational vision through teamwork. Adapts communication style to situations and audiences.
- Maintains and promotes open communication channels and sharing information to achieve a common objective. Challenges organisational culture and processes that are barriers to working collaboratively.
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence; understands team dynamics; builds constructive and effective relationships. Effectively resolves conflict between individuals and / or teams.
- Makes a positive impact by executing on commitments to consistently deliver exemplary results. Build support, commitment and respect from others by demonstrating professionalism, integrity and expertise. Considered a valuable source of expertise and knowledge.
- Achieves results by driving self and others to achieve results and surpass goals using sound processes that reflect governance discipline and efficiencies. Consistently strives to achieve and improve upon quality standards expected by colleagues and clients. Works across boundaries and in partnership with others to achieve goals.
- Takes full ownership of a task, not deterred by internal issues. Retains composure under pressure; uses an appropriate balance of logic and emotion to resolve issues
- Develops self and others to ensure all are equipped with appropriate skills. Creates an environment of continuous improvement and an environment in which others can excel
- Champions innovative projects and demonstrates commitment to business excellence by consistently executing against deliverables
- Demonstrates consistent levels of resilience and a willingness to adapt to changing organisational needs while role modelling company values
- Actively transfers learning and insights to others, regardless of whether the role has people management responsibilities
- Explains complex issues in simple terms; aims to create understanding regardless of seniority or audience
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to think laterally and consider organisational strategy
- Able to pioneer new ideas, adapt processes and create new solutions with broader stakeholder support
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.