Product Manager - Visa Token Service Digital Platform
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As a Product Manager, you will be part of the Visa Token Service (VTS) Digital Product organization collaborating and leading VTS product initiatives. The role is global in scope and requires a high level of interaction and collaboration with business and technical resources across the company, including digital development platform, network processing, client support services, risk, legal, and operations.
A successful candidate will be highly adaptable, coachable, possess strong communication, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills, and able to effectively manage multiple work streams. The ideal candidate for this position will have more than five years of product management, requirements gathering and use case design experience, with a technical background, an ability to think tactically and strategically, work independently with limited supervision in a fast pace and fluctuating environment.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Able to create strong and positive relationships across teams and functions, including areas of not direct engagement, in order effectively gather information, resolve issues, provide feedback, and to contribute to the overall product direction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate effectively with business and technical stakeholders.
- Experience leading new, breakout products or global business / technology initiatives (versus incremental feature/functionality) highly desirable
- Be willing to travel (10-15%) to address in person engagements/meetings, product design workshops and other activities.
- Drive the strategic e-commerce roadmap, defining product and market requirements.
- Be the product management subject matter expert for e-commerce and tokenization
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver best in class e-commerce experience and capabilities
- Create / support new use cases, concepts, definition, and product design requirements for the Visa Token Service digital platform.
- Provide Product technology support to local and regional teams to support this complex and evolving platform, and working across sub-functions as needed.
- Establish key performance metrics and measurements for the predictable delivery of new features product and ensure continuous improvement
- Apply creative thinking to determine technical solutions that further business goals.
- High energy level, performance oriented and passionate about customers, payment industry, and emerging technologies.
- Ability to work constructively in teams, highly collaborative with a great attitude working on cross-functional teams where there may not be a direct reporting line.
- Influence directly the prioritization of product feature backlog to drive execution of product vision, roadmap to ensure product goals and market success.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 15% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.