Senior Cybersecurity Engineer (Big Data)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Seeking out the smart
We are rounding up the brightest minds to innovate with us across the technology landscape. We need fresh thinking, daring suggestions and raw creativity. We are in the business of shaping the future – everybody’s future. Our customers and our employees alike. We are Visa.
Think you know us?
We do not deal in money, numbers or figures. We create the ground-breaking technologies and bold solutions that keep our world ticking over, connecting us all, every single day.
Our people keep things running smoothly at Visa. That’s why we invest in each and every one of our staff individually. We want them to grow with us, stick with us and help us reach even dizzier, and more extraordinary new heights.
We’re targeting dynamic thinkers who can hit the ground running with our latest exciting job opportunities.
If you think you could truly support the security of Visa as a Security Architect, Applications Security we want to hear from you.
What’s it all about?
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our business. Our diligence and expertise is what makes us undisputed leader in electronic payments. We’ve made it our priority to create a top-tier Security Architecture team, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats.
We’re looking for those of you who are inherently driven and fascinated by the art and science of cyber defence. We’ll equip you with the very best tools and tech so that you can deliver top notch results.
Continuous self-development underpins job fulfilment at Visa. As a Security Architect, you’ll be exposed to a variety of challenges and opportunities to hone your skills. We’ll provide the right environment and a plethora of top notch professionals to learn with and from.
8+ years of experience as an Architect/ Consultant working on Big Data Platforms
Experience in Cloudera and/or Hortonworks security implementation for Audit, Authentication, and Authorization (AAA), High availability (HA) and data encryption using HP voltage or HDFS or custom encryption
Experience in Cloudera and/or Hortonworks Admin, patches and upgrade
Experience with handling very large data repositories and technologies (multi-petabyte scale or larger scale)
Experience delivering distributed and highly scalable applications on NoSQL/Sharded relational Databases/Mapreduce. Ability to quickly prototype, architect and build software using latest/greatest technologies including java-based.
Experience in application deployment architectures and concerns such as scalability, performance, availability, reliability, security etc.
Experience in the following technologies
- Hadoop Security implementation for large application systems with 500+ nodes and multiple clusters
- Hadoop (Apache/Cloudera) and/or other Map Reduce Platforms
- Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume and/or Mahout
- J2EE architect with strong experience in core Java
- Architecting NO-SQL and competent SQL skills
- Good knowledge of any Data Integration and/or DW tools is plus
- Candidate should have at least one or two projects delivered on above technology stacks.
We’re seeking a security expert who are inherently driven and fascinated by the art and science of cyber defense. We’ll arm you with the very best tools and tech so that you can deliver top notch results. Development underpins job fulfilment at Visa. As Senior Security Architect, you’ll be enthused by getting stuck into various defense and security sector related projects, as well as the chance to work with the security experts in the central Cybersecurity group and the people in the Data Platform group at every level to drive to make our data highly secure.
This position is based in Bangalore, India. The ideal candidate will have very strong leadership and technical depth in the security, software development, and big data areas.
- Be a product security champion by driving Security Architecture and Design/implementation/optimization for platform, data, web, API and applications across Data Platform.
- Engage in the initial requirements definition (including analysis of threats and risks and alignment with Visa security, Engineering, IT and Architecture standards.
- Conduct and facilitate security reviews, threat modelling including deep design reviews throughout the development lifecycle.
Provide Security Architecture vision for Visa’s Big Data Platforms. Develop and maintain security architecture roadmap for products and services plus ensuring alignment with the business and enterprise architecture strategies and standards.
Articulatebig big-data security solutions as well as explain the competitive advantages of various technologies/alternatives.
Contribute to the Big data security strategies and roadmap to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies.
Collaborate with the key stakeholders, other product development groups and software vendors to identify big-data security gaps and define solutions for complex business and technical requirements.
- Facilitate "table-top"/red-team/scenario analysis exercises in conjunction with other security experts and SME's; and plan the resolution of any identified vulnerabilities/issues.
- You’ll be working on enabling/building security on various platforms and technologies which protect the platforms and applications from all attacks in Data Platform.
- Automate security tools and processes ensuring innovation and advancement strategies that keep pace in the areas of access control, security-in-depth, secure transaction processing, secure coding practices for web and mobile applications.
- Help Big-Data Platform team to achieve various compliance certifications like PCI, FFIEC etc.
- Be responsible for overall planning, direction and oversight of multiple projects, products, services or functions.
- Identify and analyze system and application level vulnerabilities to provide recommended counter measures or mitigating controls that reduce risk to an acceptable and manageable level.
- Independently formulate direction, design or oversight for the development of major Enterprise-wide programs or plans that have significant impact on the success of the organization.
- Instill best practices on security for software development. Drive for engineering excellence related to security. Provide technical guidance to the team.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.