Staff Software Engineer
- Bangalore, Karnataka, in
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purposethat unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa’s Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone’s digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants and developers.
As Staff Software Engineer within Visa DDP you will form an integral role in the design, development and deployment of complex solutions that process millions of transactions per day worldwide. We are looking for experienced stars to solicit input from business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and be responsible for the quality of large-scale technology initiatives.
- Identify appropriate technology solutions to meet requirements by performing technological evaluations and implementing proof of concepts
- Engage in design of new systems, functionality or refactor existing functionality
- Design and implement APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to expose challenging network automation tasks as web apps
- Work independently to implement new functionality, automated tests, and refactor code
- Work with team to ensure consistent, predictable & productive execution for high quality deliverables
- Review requirements to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, completeness & to mitigate risks
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review
- Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
- Contribute to code reviews with team members
- Support trouble-shooting issues in both the test and production environments
- Evaluate “Proof of Concepts” based on Long Term Architecture and pilot new tools & technologies.
- Respond to and solve defects in a timely manner consistent with the business needs
· Extensive experience in design & development of large scale enterprise applications using Java/J2EE technologies
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Experience with open source technologies for development, integration & deployment.
· Understanding of Infrastructure components like Systems, Virtual Machines, Database, Middleware, Storage etc.
· Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, developing comprehensive test and quality plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
· Strong Software Engineering background is required with development knowledge in multi-tier enterprise architecture.
· Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate the logic and implementation plan to team members & managers.
· Experience of having performed a migration and integration involving different infrastructure components will be a definite advantage.
· Bachelor Degree with minimum 7+ years of experience in Software Development