Architect - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As an Architect, you will lead and manage a variety of projects in the Visa's Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) group. In this role, you will introduce new services, technologies, and technical solutions to Visa infrastructure to deliver innovative payment solutions.
You will drive technical solutions for large scale, always available, secure, fast and international ready solutions that will have direct impact on the land scape of the payments industry for generations to come.
Your solutions, in most cases, will be used by millions of people worldwide every minute of the day. You have the opportunity to transform technologies like mobile, web, risk authentication, distributed computing and offers platforms to create seamless, fast, reliable and user-friendly payment solutions. You will have the opportunity to propose, not only technical, but also new business models.
You will, in many cases, interact with different stake holders, senior executives, external parties like system integrators, wallet providers, merchants, issuers and senior product regional managers. You will propose new innovative solutions, updates to existing solutions, negotiate alternative options, build technical and release roadmaps.
You will be integral part of the DDP Architecture Team. You will have the opportunity and the responsibility to build the Long-Term Architecture that delivers consistency, quality, high developer velocity, security, reusability and availability across Visa infrastructure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify appropriate technical solutions and/or products and designs that will best prepare the company to meet future business objectives.
- Propose new solutions to meet the fast-changing payments industry.
- Document the design in the form of a conceptual approach which will be used as the basis for sizing and the creation of detailed design artifacts.
- Perform proofs of concept (PoCs) and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs, and solutions.
- Work with engineering professionals, architects and others within Visa to ensure that the solution will scale appropriately while ensuring that what is implemented is a cost-effective solution.
- Manage the creation of detailed design and use case documents.
- Continue to learn about the payments industry and the factors impacting the payments industry.
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Computer Science or other technology field; Typically requires 8+ years of relevant experience in delivering enterprise-class, mission-critical, commercial, and scalable products, at least 3 of which were in the role of an architect or a lead developer
- Very strong interpersonal, facilitation, team building and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way; ability to influence and develop relationships with key partners
- Working knowledge of web services standards and related technologies
- Extensive experience programming in Java stack and/or equivalent language stack
- Extensive experience in API design and in system and component design
- Experience working with a variety of Applications Servers and Databases
- Payment Domain experience would be a plus.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team.
As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world,
Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.