Director - Content Development
- Denver, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Global Business Optimization team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that drive business value. Our analytic consultants and data analysts work with Visa’s clients and staff to improve portfolio and product performance, program profitability and cardholder experiences around the world. By coupling in-depth analysis of portfolio behavior with Visa’s world-class products, digital offerings and marketing capabilities, we ensure our clients’ programs operate at their peak potential and that cardholders have seamless commerce experiences in both the physical and digital world.
As part of the Client Services organization, the Director of Content Development is responsible for the design, development, delivery, and maintenance of professional and impactful program artifacts for strategic authorization improvement initiatives. These graphical, textual and data visualization prototypes will have a variety of purposes including internal reference guides, executive dashboards, insight delivery templates, white-papers and client ready collateral which inspire engagement, follow up and action. Outputs will be delivered via a variety of mediums: PowerPoint or other presentation tools, online templates, emails, pdfs, marketing collateral or data visualizations. Creativity and experience leveraging new mediums of content delivery is highly desirable. In any case, these artifacts must cleanly and concisely tell a compelling story via both content and graphics. In summary, this work should serve as a force multiplier, enabling everyone in GBO, from new analysts to team leaders, to deliver more professional, engaging content that leads to better business outcomes.
This role makes an impact in the following ways:
Develop graphical, textual, and data visualization templates which enable GBO to share its analytical perspective to business problems. Leverage scalable, self-service delivery platforms wherever possible to drive widespread adoption and single source of truth
Create, publish, maintain, and share content – in partnership with our colleagues from across Visa – representing GBO’s perspective on how the use of Visa’s products can be optimized to drive the best payment outcomes for issuers, merchants, acquirers, cardholders and Visa
Provide guidance on design and interpretation of content to internal and external resources – educate the team on what makes for compelling content, engaging graphics and overall successful sharing of ideas and insights
Build relationships and appropriate feedback mechanisms with internal and external customers to ensure our content and delivery mechanisms convey problems and potential solutions in the most effective manner possible for a variety of audiences
Engage across global and regional teams to up-level outputs and raise the game on professional artifacts and content delivery
Lend a shrewd eye to distilling impactful messages and strategies – progress the organization from “what’s interesting” to “what matters”
Coordinate and host periodic “training” sessions to educate the organization on content that is available, highest and best use, and keep a finger on the pulse of opportunities for further development and refinement.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 12+ years of experience in graphical design, corporate communications or corporate strategy
- A proven ability to create a consistent, compelling portfolio of work which is impactful and aesthetically pleasing – you will consistently connect numerous and varied concepts into a single, precise message
- Curious and insightful: translate strategic priorities into a set of assets which allow for self-directed execution of performance opportunities
- Possess a results-driven mindset and a passion for building the capabilities of others
- Quickly understand the core drivers of complex, data-driven products and translate them to audiences of varying degrees of payments industry experience
- Extremely strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills – ability to coin a phrase/concept that resonates through the organization and sticks with executive stakeholders
- The ability to tell a story with a unique perspective which motivates action from various perspectives within a complex eco-system and set of business opportunities
- Creativity and experience leveraging new mediums of content delivery is highly desirable.
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.