IT Manager - Operations
- Austin, TX, USA
Corporate Information Technology (CIT) encompasses enterprise technology that empowers Visa Inc. staff to perform core business functions needed to support ongoing management of Visa Inc. operations. Client Engineering provides hardware and application Quality Assurance, Vulnerability Management, imaging and Active Directory configuration design/standards, Workstation Automation, and client-side infrastructure for Mac and Windows platforms. There will be interaction with engineers and key stakeholders in Project Management Office (PMO), Operations, and other Corporate IT teams.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The End User Operations is responsible for leading a globally distributed team of system administrators and engineers, responsible for the day to day operations providing systems and application support across, in particular the Visa Corporate systems environment. In this role you will be accountable for building innovative solutions to support the Visa environment, including Patching, automation, operational escalations, team engagement. Experience managing operation teams as a "Technical manager" is a must along with experience delivering high quality customer engagements and results. Knowledge and experience managing teams that provide support for infrastructure is also a key requirement. Prior experience with Cloud, Virtualization, physical support. This position reports directly to the Director of End User Operations.
· Manage Visa’s Austin office IT operations team as well as achievement of quality service level standards to ensure exceptional customer service.
· Plan work schedules for around-the-clock operations and assign staff to accomplish daily work by providing for variations in workload.
· Develop, coach, support and mentor staff members in order to maximize employee performance.
· Effectively set and monitor departmental goals, ensuring that both service level and budgetary targets are achieved.
· Seek out departmental process improvements, and encourage and reward employee ownership in the development and integration of new processes.
· May participate or lead customer service initiatives or projects.
· Serve as level escalation point, responsible for solving most complex customer service issues.
· Foster and facilitate inter-departmental communications and share best practices and process improvements.
· Completing employee performance plans and monthly evaluations.
· Lead by Example: serve as the role model for colleagues in living the Visa Leadership Principles
· Promote and support the Visa Vision: Expand Relationship & Revenue, Create Value & Solutions for Clients, and Strengthen Foundation Assets
Work with Engineering teams (Windows, UNIX, Network, Storage and Middleware) to translate application requirements into system requirements.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Requires a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in technical services industry or customer service environment with at least 3-5 years of leadership experience.
Strong knowledge and experience in Unix (especially Linux) System administration activities
Serve as technical lead for collaboration technologies projects, as needed.
Experience with SharePoint working with large enterprise SharePoint farms is a plus.
Strong experience with Office 365, focused on SharePoint Online & OneDrive, including migration from on premise to cloud is a plus.
Open, manage, and resolve support incidents with Microsoft and/or other vendors when incidents arise.
Must have a strong commitment to execution, follow through and timely communication. A good team player with excellent communication and collaboration skills, with experience working in a global environment
- Established engagement strategies leading to improved performance and employee retention.
- Proven ability to coach individuals
- Ability to develop, support, and retain a diverse & high-performing team
- Track Record of Customer Service focus
- Aptitude to work with group or independently to achieve individual, team and company goals
- Demonstrated ability to improve process leading to improved customer and/or Teammate experience
- Deep understanding of Operations efficiency levers (Service Level, Occupancy)
- Solid Change Management tactics
- Addressing and influencing negative behaviors
- Strong leadership and decision-making ability, able to demonstrate a business presence appropriate for client contact and staff interaction, and must possess a sound foundation in the customer assistance service industry
- Ability to track and manage goals to success, achieving high quality operational results and customer commitment
- Ability to manage and lead independently
- Proven attention to detail
- Strong customer service focus is required
- Advanced knowledge of tools, applications in the corporate industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- The candidate will be heavily involved in ensuring team meets all SLA's and team objectives.
- Experience in Windows and Unix (especially Linux) System administration activities
- Good knowledge and understanding on VMware, Hyper-V, HP, cisco, network
- Good problem solving skills with focus on troubleshooting issues in complex production environments.
- Willing to learn new technologies and software.
- Will work closely with areas across Visa including, Operations, Engineering, Service Product office, and Global Open System Development Lines.
- Must have a strong commitment to execution, follow through and timely communication. A good team player with excellent communication and collaboration skills, with experience working in a global environment.
- Experience leading and collaborating with small to medium sized teams working in an onsite/offshore mode.
- Operate in complex, highly secure, and highly available, operations environments and interact with the technology domain experts required to maintain those environments.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service, pro-active review of processes and procedures to continually enhance service quality, service delivery and support.
- The candidate will be heavily involved in ensuring team meets all SLA's and team objectives
- Flexible, reliable and willing to work in a 24/7 environment
· This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.”