Senior Software Engineer (REF18171U) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at
Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to
pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you
want to be.
We are looking for a talented, technical, proactive, energetic, and passionate person who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver. You will be a part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of REST Service APIs, Back-end Batching applications and Web Front-End User Interfaces that are highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust. You will own and drive projects from start (gathering requirements) to finish (release into production).
We are an Agile Scrum development shop with 3 week iterations. Team consists of engineers, business partners and analysts from many different teams insides and outside DMPD.
We are looking for experienced software engineers to develop innovative solutions that are highly performant, maintains edge security and high quality products. Our engineers solve some of the most complex technical problems in the world of payments across all business units. We’re looking for the highest levels of technical talent and programming skills, as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
Visa’s Platform Team is looking for a senior engineer with experience in HTTP, asynchronous, pattern matching, multi-threading, and 6+ years working in Java/SQL and Oracle, MySQL. The perfect candidate will have great engineering skills, a passion for quality, and delivering highly available services. You will be joining a team which delivers at high frequency while maintaining availability, performance, scalability and security.
Typical Engineer responsibilities:
Design, develop and test features, i.e. ownership from start to finish
- You’ll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry. As a core participant of our team, you’ll estimate engineering efforts, plan implementations and triage production issues. You need to be dynamic, collaborative, and curious as we build new infrastructure, improve existing products, and develop world class systems powering the world’s largest e-commerce and payments websites at a scale few companies can match.
- Experience with highly scalable systems, async patterns, networking, routing, reactive programming preferred. Requirements:
6+ years experience with Java/SQL/Oracle
Understanding of HTTP and other protocols
Experience with multi-threading/concurrent programming/pattern matching
Testing fundamentals, both unit and functional testing
Ownership of quality
Excellent communication skills
Must be a self-learner
Go-getter with can do attitude. Tenacity to do what it takes to get the job done while continually focused on achieving measurable business results.
Excellent communication and relationship skills. Ability to understand and articulate both technical and business issues with peers, management, and external teams.
- BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Experience in working in agile environment with distributed teams is required
- Strong understanding and experience in using object-oriented programming languages such as Java
- Experience writing automation scripts for testing RestAPI using XML/JSON test cases and formulating overall test strategies for the product
- Experienced troubleshooter of applications based on web protocol and RestAPI on Unix platform
- Advanced knowledge of HTTP protocol and Unix OS
- Experience with highly scalable systems, async patterns, networking, routing, reactive programming preferred.
- 6+ years experience with Java/SQL/Oracle
- Understanding of HTTP and other protocols
- Experience with multi-threading/concurrent programming/pattern matching
- Testing fundamentals, both unit and functional testing
- Ownership of quality
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be a self-learner
- Go-getter with can do attitude. Tenacity to do what it takes to get the job done while continually focused on achieving measurable business results.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills. Ability to understand and articulate both technical and business issues with peers, management, and external teams.
What we offer?
- Be a part of a dynamic core team that helps to shape the global payments landscape.
- A concrete experience with a combination of strategic thinking and on-the- ground drive and execution.
- Future career opportunities with international exposure via Visa’s network of global locations.
- A supportive environment that allows our employees to thrive and learn.
Interested? From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. We are passionate and proud of our company. It is this vigor and attitude that helps us execute well, every day. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to learn more, explore opportunities, and discover a place for you.