Manager, Digital Partnership Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Within the Malaysia Products team, the Manager - Digital Partnerships will identify, manage and implement key digital partnerships. The role requires an experienced sales / product manager capable of identifying and closing commercial partnerships with established digital and emerging Fintech companies in Malaysia and AP as well as manage product pipelines and implementation.
As well as engaging with external clients and partners, this person will be required to work cross-functionally with Malaysia-based teams and regional functions including Product, Sales, Operations, Risk Management and Marketing. Success requires working closely with a multitude of cross-functional Visa to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
In this role, the candidate will use strong analytical skills, contextual business sense to map the market landscape, identifying partnerships opportunities as well as creative flair to solve real world business challenges for Visa’s Digital Partners and emerging Fintech partners.
The ideal candidate will:
- Bring experience in payment systems and technologies, preferably gained in Southeast Asia
- Believe passionately in the transformative power of technology in the world
- Be comfortable communicating to large audiences and working in close collaboration with small audiences
- Be able to clearly articulate and document requirements to client stakeholders of various levels and abilities, including executives and technical resources
- Be able to manage concurrent projects to different schedules and timelines
Market Mapping & Analysis
- Research industry trends and emerging themes in technology and payments that will shape the future of Visa’s business and extract actionable business insights from the data to build Visa’s narratives and deliverables to support client engagements
- Support the evaluation of potential partnership opportunities for their strategic and financial value and providing business rationale and analytics in support of the opportunities
- Numerate and be able to build business cases and financial and commercial models to support partnerships
- Support Fintech clients and partners engagements including commercial deals, alliances and opportunities from inception to active discussions to execution
- Work with senior team members and cross-functional teams to support partner implementations. Ensure deliverables are on track against plan
- Deliver ad-hoc analysis to support the development of business cases, evaluation of funding opportunities, forecasting of revenues and expansion of Visa’s business with this key client
- Develop new VIK and VAS commercial offerings and structures tailored to non-banks
- Explore new partnership structures beyond Issuing to create new long term revenue sources for Visa e.g. Data & Analytics, Loyalty and Rewards, Risk Scoring
- Support engagement with the regulator on key regulatory developments that impact Visa and its non-bank partners
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client as well as Visa organization
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) with 8 years of experience
- More than 2 years of proven sales / business development / account and client relationship management experience within similar or relevant industry would be desirable
- Be a leader, self-motivated, and demonstrate the ability to influence and communicate effectively across functional lines to ensure all participants and stakeholders deliver according to schedule and budget
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort working independently in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup environment while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to manage competing priorities to achieve desired end state
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Possesses high learning ability
- Strong knowledge of payments systems, business models and Malaysia card industry
- Top notch project management skills and financial budgeting
- Strong in deal structuring, negotiation, documentation and execution
- Good business acumen and analytical skills
- Product positioning and marketing skills with strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good account management and business consultation skills with ability to influence key stakeholders
- Proficient in MS Office (Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook)