Director Client Support & Implementations
- Johannesburg, South Africa
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Global Client Support Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting.
This role is an individual contributor at an advanced support staff level and is responsible for applying independent judgment in resolving issues and making recommendations.
- Lead complex and multi-layer implementations for multiple projects for Visa client institutions and processors to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
- Consult with client institutions and provide technical expertise to structure an effective implementation.
- Coordinate directly with clients to understand program set up requirements and facilitate new program installations, conversions and maintenance requests without client impact.
- Work closely with Product team to understand business enhancements and maintenance releases and impact on current and new client programs.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on various product features as assigned.
- Report on client project accomplishments and deliverables.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex issues encountered by team members.
- Act as a mentor and train team members.
- Manage non-routine, complex processing and change requests, as well as tactical and strategic client initiatives.
- Lead projects for various initiatives, both internal and external, using project management best practices and skills.
- Proactively identify operational opportunities and implement recommendations to increase service quality and efficiency.
- Build and enhance positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and maintain detailed project plans, status reports, and issues logs.
- Translate complex customer business requirements into internal technical language.
- Coordinate and influence internal and external resources to ensure delivery on commitments.
- Bachelors/Degree or equivalent work experience. Requires a minimum of 12 years progressively responsible experience in customer service or technical support role in financial services, payment card, software or information services.
- Proven abilities in negotiating with and influencing clients and staff at all levels as well as the ability to successfully manage competing priorities while serving as a positive influence across the organization.
- Experience using standard MS Office tools (e.g. MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.).
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures in network processing.
- Demonstrated understanding of the payment and data processing industries including industry trends and high-level business drivers.
- Demonstrate success in client relationship management.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines.
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical terms or processes into business language.
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans.
- Exhibit advanced planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
English – required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.