Senior Director, Corporate Development
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa’s Global Corporate Development and Mergers and Acquisitions (CDMA) team is responsible for helping shape Visa’s strategy by identifying industry trends, maintaining relationships with relevant external partners, as well as sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and executing strategic acquisitions/investments across all of Visa's geographies and businesses. As the payment landscape evolves, the CDMA organization partners with corporate strategy as well as various regions and product verticals to evaluate, analyze, and execute all of Visa’s M&A and strategic investments to help Visa maintain its leadership position in the industry. Among others, notable Visa transactions include: acquisitions of Cardinal Commerce (security of online/mobile transactions), CyberSource (ecommerce gateway platform), Visa Europe (regional payments leader), Fraedom (SaaS expense management); and strategic investments in Square (mobile acceptance platform), DocuSign (digital document security), and BillDesk (bill payments).
The Senior Director, Corporate Development and M&A will manage corporate development activities ranging from identifying, evaluating, and executing public and private company acquisitions, joint ventures, asset divestitures and restructurings, minority investments, and other strategic initiatives. This role will require a balance of leadership and support for all aspects of the transaction evaluation and execution, from idea generation through valuation, due diligence, negotiations/transaction structuring, discussion, approval, and integration planning, as appropriate.
- Actively investigate industry trends and specific opportunities for growth within Visa’s existing businesses or expansion into new areas; form a persuasive point of view grounded in data and informed perspective of the payments market
- Partner with business teams on strategy development including identifying and prioritizing strategic gaps, evaluating build/buy/partner options, and collaborating on target selection criteria and recommendations
- Take ownership of deal recommendations, evaluation of opportunities, structuring pragmatic solutions to problems, and negotiations.
- Lead colleagues and team members to conduct rigorous analyses including valuation and business case modeling, incorporate well-grounded judgment, and balanced persuasiveness to provide detailed guidance and insight regarding target candidates
- Act as day-to-day leader on deal and lead many interactions with internal (product, regional or functional area counterparts) and external (prospective clients/partners/counterparties and third-party advisors) parties
- Articulate clear rationale and risks associated with proposed transactions through spoken and written communications with deal sponsors, functional leadership, and senior executives, taking into account Visa’s overall interests
- Make positive contributions in all of Visa’s M&A activities, including the development of fellow team members, CDMA group practices, and company culture. Develop working relationships grounded in trust, collaboration, respect, and open assistance especially of less experienced teammates
- Typically requires 8-12 years of total relevant work experience; 4-6 years of post-graduate experience in top tier venture or private equity/investment banking/corporate development with significant M&A buy-side experience preferred
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution or similar academic / professional experience; technical background can be a plus
- Strong leadership skills generating support and momentum among functional peers
- Combination of executive presence and pro-activeness to enable effective planning, preparation, organization, and deliver in what can often be tight timelines
- Enthusiastic work ethic, passion for learning, and acute professional curiosity; able to solve problems with balance of independence and well-solicited input
- Comfortable with a team-oriented and collaborative approach to achieving impact
- Direct experience in M&A identification, negotiation, and execution; experience identifying, assessing, and constructively addressing deal issues related to legal, regulatory, accounting, and tax
- Prefer experience in and/or significant exposure to the financial services/payments industry and related ecosystem of players
- Strong analytical, modeling and valuation skills: substantial experience modeling business combinations and running valuation analyses
- Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with a variety of personalities, with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities; ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers and external partners
- Global or multi-national business experience on-the-ground preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.