Sr. System Administrator
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Corporate Information Technology (CIT) encompasses enterprise technology that empowers Visa Inc. staff to perform core business functions needed to support ongoing management of Visa Inc. operations. Corporate Business Systems (CBS) – Finance & Accounting Systems is a group in Corporate IT that provides global solution design and implementation of Visa’s Finance Operations systems, global Customer Service, end-user support, issue troubleshooting and resolution, system access, and applications administration and configuration change control for all users of the Visa Global Integrated Financial Solution, procurement and reporting applications. The group additionally acts as liaison between end-users and technical support resources in Technology organization and applicable software vendors, coordinating all related support services, to ensure reliable and efficient production systems operations, globally.
- Provide strong hands-on technical expertise in the area of programming languages such as Java, PHP, Python, Apache Groovy
- Analyze business requirement, identify risks, and collaborate with functional team and business users, to deliver flexible, innovative, cost effective solutions while meeting business needs.
- Responsible for designing, developing and deploying enhancements and projects related Java, PHP and Python technologies
- Monitor incident queues, troubleshoot issues and lead conference calls with other groups to mitigate impacts.
- Estimate work effort and staffing needs, develop conceptual approach, proof of concept, and technical execution plan, track progress against milestones, and drive results in partnership with Project Managers, and other team members
- Evaluate 3rd party tools for security, scalability and fit.
- Work with Engineering teams (Windows, UNIX, Network, Storage and Middleware) to translate application requirements into system requirements.
- Create comprehensive documentation of designs for projects that take into account all areas of development.
- Follow existing application standards, conventions and best practices as part of the existing SDLC.
- Maintain, enhance and support, through problem analysis and resolution for the supported applications
- Engage in lessons learned and continuous process improvement around the SDLC.
- Ensure that applications and code are compliant with Visa security requirements.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
Experience in building and supporting Java applications that run in Apache Tomcat, WebSphere or similar containers.
Good hands-on working experience in Python Integrated Development Environments like IDLE, PyCharm, Atom, Eclipse, PyDev and Sublime Tex
Experience with back-end technologies such as J2EE, JDBC, JMS, Spring, Hybernate, JMX and MBeans
Experience in Unix (especially Linux) System administration activities
Good knowledge and understanding on the Groovysh, GroovyDoc and Groovy scripting
- Experience in DA gateway, Naming services, Desktop collector, Dashboard experience in IBM StoredIQ
- Experience in Harvesting and content manager concepts in IBM StoredIQ Platform
- Good knowledge in Optical character recognition processing used in IBM StoredIQ Platform
- Hands-on experience in backup and restore of IBM StoredIQ image
- Willing to learn new technologies and software, thinking out of the box, questioning the norm and innovative.
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server or equivalent is desirable but not mandatory
- Experience and knowledge of Apache/IIS, WebLogic application server or other similar middleware platform would be plus.
- A good team player with excellent communication and collaboration skills, with experience working in a global environment
- Good problem solving skills with focus on troubleshooting issues in complex production environments
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.