Big Data Engineer - Hadoop Administrator
- Ashburn, VA, USA
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payment company in Silicon Valley, technology is at the heart of what we do. Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks; our Advanced Authorization engine scores every authorization. VisNet processes with machine learning models for issuers to stop frauds in real-time. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Candidate will be a part of the Security Analytics group and involved with administering Hadoop-ecosystem and Data Engineering activities
- Experience on working with very large data sets and knowledge of building programs that leverage Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) Data warehouse platforms.
- The engineer will have significant knowledge of Big Data technologies and tools with the ability to share ideas among a collaborative team.
- Responsible for loading data from several disparate datasets, documentation, performance testing and debugging applications.
- Will represent the team in the project meetings.
- Strong passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data
Key responsibilities and qualifications
- 5 years of Data Engineering/ETL/Administration experience
- Design and develop different architectural models for our scalable data processing as well as scalable data storage
- Experience with various Hadoop distribution like hortonworks and Cloudera
- Strong Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) Database expertise combined with sharp conceptual and analytical thinking
- Fluent in at least one scripting language (Shell/Perl/Python/Java etc.)
- Experience with no-sql database administration & development like mongoDB is a must
- Experience with Hadoop eco-system (MapReduce, Streaming, Pig, HIVE, Spark).
- Ability to create and manage big data pipeline using kafka, flume & Spark
- Experience building large-scale distributed applications and services
- Experience with Scala programming is plus
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of industry standards and trends
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.