Client Outreach Specialist
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Global Business Optimization team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that drive business value. Our analytic consultants and data analysts work with Visa’s clients and staff to improve portfolio and product performance, program profitability and cardholder experiences around the world. By coupling in-depth analysis of portfolio behavior with Visa’s world-class products, digital offerings and marketing capabilities, we ensure our clients’ programs operate at their peak potential and that cardholders have seamless commerce experiences in both the physical and digital world.
The Client Outreach Specialist role is an individual contributor role responsible for increasing client’s awareness and adoption of best practices and solutions that set and sustain high authorizations rates and cardholder satisfaction. This position requires a level of comfort in solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions rooted in data driven insights. It is an intermediate professional level position that requires strong execution, analytical and communication skills. This role serves as a technical/functional expert, partnering with professionals in client services, analytics, strategy and product to drive optimal performance outcomes independently with minimal guidance.
This role makes an impact in the following ways:
- Develop and manage client operational/education initiatives and outreach programs with the goal of improving product authorization performance and cardholder experiences
- Collaborate with data analytics teams to provide market and client specific insights on the health of products and programs
- Engage client facing staff (AMs, AEs, BDs, etc.) to prioritize client outreach on specific product programs which drive measurable outcomes – ability to present to high priority clients jointly or to engage independently as needed
- Understand how to leverage data as a catalyst to drive business conversations and craft a compelling presentation which outlines the imperative for change with clear action items
- Develop subject matter expertise and provide proactive operational support that is impactful, easy to understand and action oriented (i.e. next best action to increase performance)
- Identify and communicate potential performance impacts to Client Service staff including populating internal knowledge bases
- Coordinate various internal resources and product offices to build a knowledge base that allows for effective client education via individual outreach, self-service tools and multi-client educational webinars
- Stay current on market readiness, industry trends and known issues for specific product lines
- Communicate technical and business changes to clients with different levels of technical knowledge
- Responsible for own workflow; must be able to take initiative to resolve problems – bringing in appropriate resources as needed – to meet critical deadlines
- Available to travel upon request
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Professionally qualified, including:
- Client service delivery experience which includes face-to-face interactions
- Financial services or payment card experience is desirable
- Self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual and logical problem solving
- Demonstrable capability of driving desired business outcomes by influencing clients to take action leveraging data
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations, and work both as part of a cross-functional team and independently
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information and apply to business solutions
- Experience navigating fast-paced environments and operating at the forefront of new horizons by successfully bringing business objectives to life in the face of ambiguity
- Analytically-minded problem solver and critical thinker with the ability to quickly break down complex problems and propose alternative ways of thinking
- Self-motivated, highly organized and energetic.
- Ability to operate independently and wield cross functional influence effectively in a matrixed organization (get things done DNA)
- Strong skills with MS Office tools (e.g. MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.).
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- MUST speak fluent English and Spanish
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.