Analyst, Visa Consulting & Analytics
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Business Group Overview
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results.
We are looking for an individual to join our Latin America & Caribbean (LAC) consulting practice. The Analyst will lead and assist in developing and delivering high impact engagements for Visa’s LAC clients. This person will deliver initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both the preferred brand and a valued, long-term business partner.
Potential projects could include portfolio management diagnostics, assessments of digital product and marketing strategies, development of industry landscape evaluations and best practices, and optimizing client customer experience and supporting processes.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver, equipped with strong analytical & quantitative skills suited to address key strategic needs for Visa’s clients including issuers, acquirers and merchants.
Adept at creative and critical thinking, able to deconstruct problems and transform insights into large scale, state-of-the-art solutions. Candidate must be quick learner with a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as Hadoop Ecosystem, SAS, through scripting in Python, Spark, SQL, Java etc.
- Hands-on skills in cleaning, manipulating, analyzing, visualizing large data sets.
- Data Cleansing/Wrangling – This involve parsing and aggregating messy, incomplete, and unstructured data sources to produce data sets that can be used in analytics/predictive modeling.
- Enhance and optimize codes that scale critical business processes.
- Develop and validate advance data mining tools, algorithms, and other capabilities to solve business problem. Experience doing ML using R, Python (scikit-learn, etc.) or other similar software.
- Ensure database management and maintenance tasks are performed effectively and timely.
- Directly implement complex models and data pipelines on large datasets.
- Implement data tests and QA processes.
We are looking for bright and enthusiastic people to bring innovative ideas to our consulting practice:
- MS in engineering, computer science, statistics, or other related fields with 2+ years of experience required.
- 2+ year of experience with the ability to come up with practical algorithms and write high quality code quickly for analyzing gigabyte to terabyte-scale data.
- Understanding of algorithms and ability to optimize various program complexities using suitable data structures.
- Experience in one dynamic scripting language (SQL, HQL and Python is a plus)
- Experience with using distributed computing technologies, including Hadoop (MapReduce, Pig and Hive) and Spark to write data analytic processing jobs both in batch and streaming against structured and unstructured data
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and able to meet deadlines
- Quick-thinker, fast learner, wide general knowledge, problem solver
- Team worker, responsible, delivery-oriented
- Excellent spoken and written English. Spanish is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.