Senior Business Optimization Analyst - Visa Direct
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition to supporting client implementation of Visa products and services globally, CS is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including: Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. The team also provides support for Visa’s DPS, CyberSource and Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
The Global Business Optimization team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that drive business value. Our analytic consultants and data analysts work with Visa’s clients and staff to improve portfolio and product performance, program profitability and cardholder experiences around the world. By coupling in-depth analysis of portfolio behavior with Visa’s world-class products, digital offerings and marketing capabilities, we ensure our clients’ programs operate at their peak potential and that cardholders have seamless commerce experiences in both the physical and digital world.
- Provide Visa Direct authorization optimization support for large, global originators. This would include new program pre-launch reviews, launch awareness and support, and engagement with regional teams to ensure issuer outreach is occurring where these originators are seeing low performance.
- Collaborate with business leaders to assess market intelligence and research needs across key business verticals, corridors and markets. Develop strategy to procure and generate market level intelligence to support and optimization initiatives.
- Leverage Visa's big data assets to produce insights to support client reviews and identify key opportunities and optimization targets.
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand the challenges and leverage data to form an opinion on how to best help solve these issues.
- Lead management reporting dashboards/scorecards and establish cadence of reporting across different stakeholders and senior stakeholders.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- 8+ years of analytical experience in financial industries; Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field, such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, economics or 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Demonstrable experience in leading others through influence using data as a fact-base.
- Hands on experience with manipulating and aggregating data from large data sets (payment data experience a plus), usage of HADOOP/SQL/SAS technologies and experience across multiple platforms to identify meaningful insights and present actionable recommendations. Tableau experience a plus.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated analytical rigor and a significant focus on using data to set strategies that impact business ROI. Able to pivot perspectives between business and technology and present a cohesive narrative. Tailor the story to the operating constraints of the organization and our clients
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities, work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization, and adapt as necessary to a fast-paced work environment
- Communication skills to take highly complex analytical output and convey facts to broad audiences
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Role to be based in our Foster City, CA office.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.