Systems Analyst (Application Support Team)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Data Platform Operations is responsible for 24x7 Production Support of over 200 ETL applications running 600-thousand batch processing in a month with 10 thousand codes and 2.1 Million Business Rules. It maintains a Data Warehouse of over 8 Petabytes of Data. The team also delivers over 500 research requests in a month. There is 24x7 on-call support as per roaster which is 40hrs/week work.
- Responsible for providing production support for extract, transform, load (ETL) applications that run large distributed batch processing involving petabytes of data
Deliver research requests and participating in 24x7 on-call support
Monitor processing, and ensuring timely execution, delivery, and availability
Detect technical issues, perform root cause analysis, and identify permanent solutions to fix problems as needed
Set audits and alerts to detect problems, and facilitate maintenance activities
Plan and execute changes as per instructions, and strictly adhere to the processes and guidelines relating to change, incident, and problem management
Run problem bridges by collaborating with others from different functional and technical areas and escalating as needed to resolve problems in a timely manner. Responsible for identifying knowledge gaps and providing technical guidance to team members as needed
Provide updates and contribute to the team’s knowledge repository
Engage in knowledge transition as well as research and analysis activities to find solutions to various business and technical problems
Evaluate alternative methods, and present recommendations and justifications to management
Identify improvement opportunities, and build Automation as well as engaging in performance tuning and data fixing activities
Participate in and making recommendations to capacity planning activities
Analyze code, understand business rules, and trace data, while following the process flow to investigate data-related issues
Perform exports, backups, and data extracts as required from different environments
Responsible for Data Fixes, Code Hot fixes
Responsible for Research/Analysis Work to answer questions
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or a relevant degree in engineering or science is required
- 2-3 years of ETL, JAVA and Hadoop experience, as well as proficiency in any one language or tools (JAVA, ABINITIO, SHELL scripting, python)
- Proficient in development using Java, J2EE, JSP/Servlets, Struts, Spring and Hibernate
- Experienced in Java development using Eclipse/MyEclipse or any major Java IDE
- Demonstrated knowledge of REST, JSON and XML will be an advantage
- Ability to solve complex production problem and debug code
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong Team player and ability to collaborate as part of virtual team across the globe
- Should have knowledge of Hadoop,( Hive and PIG).Kafka and SPARK knowledge is plus
- should have Unix Shell scripting knowledge
- Incumbent must be a quick learner to learn new technology, tools and ability to cascade the knowledge to others
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deliver on time with quality
- You must have strong verbal and written communication Skills
- Job holder must have flexibility to work in shifts and during weekends and extended hours when needed
- You must have strong self-motivation, sense of ownership and ability to retain focus under stress during crisis situation
- You must have strong business ethics, self-discipline and trustworthiness to handle sensitive confidential data in live production environment
- Java Certification preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.