Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This position is for a Sr. Software Test Engineer in the Cybersecurity team who will focus on developing Automation framework for Cybersecurity tools and services. Are you interested to be part of world class Information Security team and work with Security technologies experts to help improve the product security as early in the product development as possible, be it Threat-modelling, static code analysis? Do you like to solve complex security tools automation problems and work with world class security experts?
You'll need to have excellent communication and cross-group collaboration skills, be able to make forward progress despite ambiguous circumstances, be a self-starter, a quick learner of new technologies and have experience in product security such as secure application design, static code analysis and web application vulnerabilities. You will be a critical part of the core security engineering team for a high-performance product security automation framework development.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4-5 years of experience with Bachelor's degree or 2-3 years of experience with Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working on QA automation
- Experience working in an agile (scrum) software development team
- Hands on experience in working with SQL queries
- Hands on experience in automating RESTful API's testing (e.g Postman, Rest Assured, SOAP UI etc.)
- Experience with the latest tools and industry best practices - Front-end web application test automation (e.g. Selenium WebDriver, Cypress) and REST API testing framework
- In-depth knowledge of QA concepts, test frameworks and automation tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, fanatical attention to detail and curiosity.
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast moving startup environment
- Ensure that when we create a release branch, a full regression test of that branch passes within a 4 – 8 hrs.
- Put tools/processes in place to ensure when integration build breaks an existing feature, that team member is notified and the issue can be addressed immediately
- Familiar with CI/CD Automation and capable of designing CI Automation as needed using Jenkins
- Work with our team to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments. This may include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc.
- Help team achieve goal on improving the quality and reliability of our products.
- Help us pick new tools and decide on new processes that help improve how we do QA
- Manage cross-functional internal and external team collaboration, evangelization, and communications
- Develop and optimize processes to improve software development efficiency in the consumption of security development practices
- Maintain active understanding of industry practices for secure software development and incident response
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.