Cybersecurity Engineer - Application Security
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Cyber Security team is looking for a Cybersecurity engineer with expertise in Application Security domain, who will be responsible to define consistent Secure Software Development Lifecycle practices for all Visa technology projects throughout the planning and delivery cycles that assure that application security vulnerabilities are mitigate. Very strong application security and web application development experience and team leadership skills are a must. In this position, you are a passionate and talented application security engineer with very deep understanding of OWASP, CWE 25, Data Protection, Access management software vulnerabilities and best practices design and threat modeling skills who can work in a dynamic environment. You must be dedicated to able to work with developers in producing secure code in short time frames and be willing to go beyond the standard routine.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4-5 years of experience with Bachelor's degree or 2-3 years of experience with Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 -4 years of Software Development Experience
- 2-3 Years of Experience in Web Application Security, SSDLC and Threat Modelling with MS/BS degree in Information System management / Computer Science / Information Security or a related technical discipline, at least 2 years of Software Development experience
- MUST have deep understanding of OWASP Top 10 and CWE 25; with proven track record and experience in implementing and integrating remediation strategies
- Excellent understanding of web applications, web servers, layer 7 application technologies, frameworks and protocols with respect to application development and deployment
- Well versed in web application design, penetration testing, application risk assessment and risk categorization
- Well versed (experience preferred) with driving and implementing secure development practices in to SDLC (SSDLC); ability to successfully integrate security into a developers world
- Success in implementing effective Secure SDLC frameworks across a large corporation.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate security threats and risks to ANY audience and impress upon them the mitigation techniques and strategies
- Candidates should be familiar with waterfall and agile development processes and have experience integrating secure development practices into both models.
- Deep knowledge and experience in using SAST, DAST and fuzz testing tools
- Highly effective communicator; well-honed influencing and negotiating skills
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills; able to quickly digest any issue/problem encountered and recommend an appropriate solution.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently; able to negotiate and bring consensus to diverse priorities of product development and solution teams
- Help define consistent Secure Software Development Lifecycle practices for all Visa technology projects throughout the planning and delivery cycles that assure that application security risks are mitigate
- Ensure end-to-end security of Visa products by hands on testing, hypothesizing threats, helping development teams remediating risks upfront and championing secure implementation efforts
- Improve secure coding practices, application security requirements, automation, training, and metrics
- Integrate threat modeling practices into the Software Development Lifecycle
- Help build secure products and standards around emerging technologies and using existing standards and security practices
- Perform Security Architecture and Low Level Application Security Design review involving: Data Protection, Authentication and Authorizations, Web Application Security and Network Security
- Collaborate with product development and solution teams proactively to manage software security risk aligned with business goals
- Collaborate with product and solution teams to achieve Cybersecurity software security program objectives
- Manage cross-functional internal and external team collaboration, evangelization, and communications
- Develop and optimize processes to improve software development efficiency in the consumption of security development practices
- Maintain active understanding of industry practices for secure software development and incident response
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.