Director, Full Stack Development
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
In Corporate IT our mission is to be obsessed with customer experience and be the best delivery organization. As a Director of Technology , you will have a critical role as a people leader and you will provide technical leadership in the design and implementation of an internally developed product for Visa’s Operational Resiliency business function. This position owns application administration and end-user support services. The ideal candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to evolve our platforms, be able to easily understand business goals/requirements, and be forward-thinking to identify opportunities for improvement. We believe in leading by example, ownership with high standards and being curiously creative.
· Be the IT product delivery owner and get requirements developed into a working product
· Develop and nurture a team of engineers by motivating and mentoring, and lead hiring top talentManage the technical delivery of development, integrations and data migration elements of an internally developed web application
· Provide conceptual estimates, capacity allocation and project timelines
· Demonstrate technical thought leadership and apply significant effort into staying abreast of new technologies
· Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and appropriate design patterns are used
· Lead/ own the technical design, development, QA, implementation and L3 support
· Insure product development adheres to CRE (corporate reliability engineering) principles in order to anticipate problems in supporting the application and aim to reduce the support needed in production by delivering quality software product
· Own all technical documentation associated with SDLC, including editing/reviewing documentation created by team members
· Translate business requirements into well-architected, reliable, scalable and agile solutions
· Present regular technology briefings to leadership and business
· Accountable for ongoing platform/product maintenance including, but not limited to security remediation, software patching and upgrades, and hardware replacement (in partnership with infrastructure teams)
· Promote innovation and participation in Hackathons, Visatech club and Visa’s 90/10 program
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
· 10 -12 years’ experience in designing and delivering critical software solutions using SDLC methodologies.
· Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems
· Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Development.
· Experience with CICD framework and tools like Jira, Jenkins, Git/Stash
· Experience with NoSQL databases, MongoDB is required
· Understanding and working experience with Hibernate frameworks
· Strong hands-on experience with REST web services
· Strong experience in working with NoSQL databases like Mongo DB.
· Working experience on Git/Stash, Ant, Maven, Jenkins and Jira, Scheduling tools
· Experience with database technologies like SQL Server, MySQL
· Working experience of scripting on Unix/Linux
· Experience in leading Development, QA engineers and working with business and systems analysts across time zones.
· Experience in working with distributed teams.
· Experience with Agile & DevOps methodologies
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong automation mindset
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Quick learner; self-starter, detailed and thorough
· Strong desire for product ownership
· Experience in building operational resiliency/ business continuity applications is a big plus
· Functional knowledge of operational resilience/business continuity process is a beneficial
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.