Sr. Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Push Payments and Mobile Enablement (PPME) is responsible to build the next generation of applications to facilitate mobile commerce in everyone's digital lives. Our focus is to build profoundly simple apps that embed into our customers' everyday lives.
This position is based in Bangalore, India. As a key member of the development team, the candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
· Gather and analyze requirements from product owners
· Responsible for design, development and implementation of various business functionalities.
· Solid experience with frameworks like ReactJS with Redux, Angular, Vue.
· Experience in Responsive UI Design, JQuery, AJAX and JSON
· Understanding of REST API functionality and multithreaded software design is required
· Design, develop highly scalable and fault-tolerant solutions addressing high-availability and performance.
· Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
· Develop high quality code using all proactive code validation techniques and ensure the deliveries are done on time and within budget.
· Have a passion for delivering zero defect, high quality code, with proactive mindset
· Own end to end delivery responsibility for modules, participate in Continuous Integration activities, automation frameworks for testing and deployments, and other related items in addition to contributing to core product code.
· Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations.
· Present technical solutions, capabilities, and features in business and technology terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university
· 3+ years of experience designing and developing simple to complex Web UI solutions.
· Knowledgeable of common developer tool sets such as Java, XML, JSON, REST, etc.
· Good design and coding skills in building Web UI applications
· Product development experience is Must.
· Strong foundation in computer science, with excellent competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
· Capable to leverage DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation and Test Driven Development
· Good verbal, and written communication skills to effectively communicate for business needs and technical concepts to multiple organization levels.
· Experience in Agile development using any of the methodologies like SCRUM is a big plus.
· Quick learner; self-starter, detailed and thorough.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind –
making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone
everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the
entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart
of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a
pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is
capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and
businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of
cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners
around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global
economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup,
celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have
a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa
offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is
fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on
delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over
the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories
in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco