Senior Risk Management Consultant
- São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
To help CyberSource customers manage the risk of taking payments (predominantly credit and debit card) online. This will include analyzing order data to identify emerging fraud trends, developing strategies to mitigate these trends, and working closely with CyberSource customers to implement these strategies using a combination of CyberSource and industry tools.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
- Work with different ecommerce merchants to help them manage CyberSource risk management products to prevent online card fraud
- Develop in-depth knowledge of CyberSource risk management products through research and testing in order to act as subject matter expert to clients.
- Take a proactive approach to staying up-to-date with product developments by monitoring code release notes and knowledge sharing within the team.
- Act a subject matter expert on CyberSource risk management products, providing informal support to other team members in dealing with questions and issues.
- Analyse transaction data with a view to optimizing risk management strategies for clients.
- Produce regular, detailed reports that clearly explain to clients the performance of current risk management strategies, and if appropriate, how these can be improved.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of industry best practice and emerging trends and technologies within payment risk management.
- Provide occasional pre-sales support by accompanying sales team to meetings with prospects to act as subject matter expert on payment risk. This should be done with a sales-oriented focus.
- Deliver occasional training sessions to clients on the use of CyberSource risk products. This may be done over the phone or involve giving presentations, product demonstrations, or whiteboard sessions.
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practice and emerging trends and technologies within payment risk management.
- Occasional to frequent travel required for onsite training, assistance with implementations or periodic business review presentations.
Strategic Nature, Mgmt Accountability, & Scope
- Responsible for activities of functional area without direct reports.
- Role is key to executing CyberSource’s business strategy in Latin America, ensuring that ecommerce merchants can transact confidently using CyberSource services.
Decision Making & Complexity
- Independent decision making required on daily basis.
- Required to interpret and analyse complex transaction data and identify patterns and trends, and make independent decisions on fraud screening configuration for merchants based on this work.
- Must be keenly aware of the responsibility involved in such a position, given that their recommendations for fraud screening configuration changes will impact which transactions are accepted or rejected by the ecommerce merchant.
Financial & Organizational Scope
- Individual contributor working within a global team of Managed Risk Analysts, all working as individual contributors supporting ecommerce merchants in their respective regions.
- No responsibility for a budget or cost center.
Reporting Relationships & Interactions
- This role reports to the LAC Managed Risk Services Manager, currently based in Miami.
- The Managed Risk Analyst works closely with the Managing Director, Latin America and with the rest of the regional team.
- This individual will be expected to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff.
Basic Required Experience (education, skills - professional/technical/business)
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Experience of interpreting results from fraud tools used to combat online card fraud (eg. 3DSecure, device fingerprinting, IP geolocation, velocity, neural scoring etc)
- Experience of analysing large sets of transaction data to identify patterns and trends
- Creating clear, concise written reports in Spanish/English summarizing fraud analysis results.
- Fluent in Spanish and English (Portuguese is a plus)
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to write clear and concise reports in both Portuguese and English, and the skills to communicate complex concepts and results to customers via phone and email.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (for example, use of pivot tables, VLOOKUP queries, linking Excel to databases, etc. Tableau Knowledge is a plus).
- Queries in database, handling of large data, etc.
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Minimum of two years experience working within a fraud team, preferably at an ecommerce merchant
- Experience of using a database such as Access or SQL Server for data analysis
- Previous experience in Brazil and LAC Markets
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.