Senior Business Optimization Analyst
- Denver, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Global Business Optimization team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that drive business value. Our analytic consultants and data analysts work with Visa’s clients and staff to improve portfolio and product performance, program profitability and cardholder experiences around the world. By coupling in-depth analysis of portfolio behavior with Visa’s world-class products, digital offerings and marketing capabilities, we ensure our clients’ programs operate at their peak potential and that cardholders have seamless commerce experiences in both the physical and digital world.
•Collaborate with business leaders to assess market intelligence and research needs across key business verticals, corridors and markets. Develop strategy to procure and generate market level intelligence to support and inform growth initiatives.
•Leverage Visa's big data assets to produce ready-to-consume insight packages for leaders across the global organization including developing an “automated” process to populate insight templates with “self-serve” functionality.
•Communicate with stakeholders to understand the challenges and leverage data to form an opinion on how to best help solve these issues
•Coordinate with various internal teams to deploy a single source of truth on key initiatives. This includes: align on a common set of reports, definitions, and data sources across markets and stakeholders.
•Build and deploy capability to generate forward-looking view of opportunities, develop the hypothesis of key leading indicators of performance trends, gather data and conduct analysis to isolate the key leading indicators of opportunity, develop and deploy the model to continuously track and report on the leading indicators
•Lead management reporting dashboards/scorecards and establish cadence of reporting across different stakeholders and senior stakeholders.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- 8+ years of analytical experience in financial industries; Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field, such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, economics or 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Demonstrable experience in leading others through influence using data as a fact-base.
- Hands on experience with manipulating and aggregating data from large data sets (payment data experience a plus), usage of HADOOP/SQL/SAS technolgies and experience across multiple platforms to identify meaningful insights and present actionable recommendations. Tableau experience a plus.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated analytical rigor and a significant focus on using data to set strategies that impact business ROI. Able to pivot perspectives between business and technology and present a cohesive narrative. Tailor the story to the operating constraints of the organization and our clients
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities, work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization, and adapt as necessary to a fast-paced work environment
- Communication skills to take highly complex analytical output and convey facts to broad audiences
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position does support sponsorship.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.