Senior Director, Europe Processing Pricing Strategy
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Director, Europe Processing Pricing Strategy will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution of Visa’s default processing pricing and negotiated client deal pricing for the Europe region. This includes the setting of rates for processing services, evaluating existing and new deals and related strategy. This position requires strong thought leadership, analytical skills and the ability to solve a range of business problems, and quickly arrive at recommendations that drive corporate priorities. The position will dual report to the Senior Vice President of Global Pricing and the Visa Technology Organization’s Chief Operating Officer, and will be based at Visa's offices in Foster City, California.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead efforts to establish and manage rates for processing services within Europe, balancing client demand and specific country and competitive factors
- Defend and grow Europe processing revenue via ongoing optimization of processing fees, with the objective of driving sustainable growth.
- Assess ongoing processing deal and revenue performance, evaluate trends and provide related reporting to executive management
- Support the Global Processing Team with pricing and commercial frameworks that support Visa entry into European countries where Visa does not process today.
- Participate in continuing efforts to improve and maintain a robust competitive intelligence fact base
- Present recommendations to executive management, communicate a clear vision and execute in a timely manner.
- Requires a minimum of 15+ years total experience and will have a combination of finance or strategy experience
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, attention to detail and ability to structure and analyze sophisticated financial modeling required
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to translate analyses into easily digestible content for executive management consumption
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility
- Self-starter, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities. Ability to function independently in an ambiguous and evolving environment
- Commitment to continuous training and self-improvement
- Bachelor degree required, MBA or Masters degree preferred.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel and Powerpoint required
- Payments experience preferred but not required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
· “This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.”