Director, Merger & Acquisitions Integration
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa USA is a Visa company. Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This role will be part of the Integration function globally and work closely with Business Leaders, Corporate Development and the integration leads from the different functions (HR, IT, legal, etc.). We are looking for a proactive leader who wants to participate in shaping the integration approach for a $325B+ market cap company and raise the strategic profile of Integration. This role is a direct report to the VP, Head of M&A Integration for Visa Inc.
· Work closely with the Corporate Development team and Business Leaders to incorporate the integration approach, operational structure and key milestones/metrics for each acquisition
· Implement the planning and execution of the acquisition from business case development to execution and post-closing value capture, incorporating key issues discovered through diligence
· Raise the strategic profile of the Integration function
· Refine integration playbooks that incorporate prior experience and industry best practices across all key work streams
· Oversee the development of detailed integration plans and milestones working closely with business leaders and cross-functional teams
· Drive day-to-day execution of the integration process, including coaching cross-functional teams, managing weekly integration team meetings and driving proactive issue resolution
· Facilitate development of key tracking metrics aligned with transaction value drivers and synergy plan
· 10 years of business experience in Strategy, Operations and Integration, including minimum of 3 years of work experience in Integration
· Bachelor’s Degree required
• MBA or Advanced Degree preferred with 12+ years of experience
• Direct experience in M&A execution and integration either within a publicly traded company or a top tier consulting firm
• Ability to influence and push back with Senior Business leaders to drive Integration agenda
• Ability to create and manage project plans and large working teams
• Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams and drive effective process management
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization and support executive level decision making
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, executing against both individual projects as well as broader strategic initiatives.
• Familiarity with all phases of an acquisition process
• Ability to work well under pressure and follow through on items to completion while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Demonstrated success working both independently and in a collaborative environment
• Strong analytical, strategic and innovative thinker with creative problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Extremely proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 30% of the time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
“This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.”
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 30% of the time