Technical Program Manager - Data Product Development
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Data Product Development group is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides the enabling technology and processes to manage Visa's data assets and deliver value added information
products and services to customers. Areas of focus include Business Intelligence and Analytics, Marketing Services, Commercial Card, Fraud/Authentication and Risk. The portfolio comprises of over 90 data products for various external clients and internal lines of business. We provide services on behalf of traditional bank customers to millions of cardholders and merchants around the world. Our application development is on the cutting edge of technology, and we are viewed as innovative leaders within our industry.
Our Program Managers are highly visible leaders, building bridges across Visa to ensure projects are effectively
developed, integrated and deployed with quality and on time delivery into our production systems.
We are actively looking for several talented Program Managers to join our team.
- Coordinate and facilitate program and project activities such as planning, analysis, execution, and post-implementation support
- Manage geographically distributed scrum teams utilizing Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and
- Manage cross divisional program/projects with annual budgets in excess of $3M
- Work with product owners to develop product roadmaps which align to business objectives and resource availability
- Work with subject matter experts to define scope, create estimates, develop budgets, and produce documentation needed for funding approvals
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on program progress to all stakeholders
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and manage issues, dependencies and impacts
- Interact confidently and accurately with various stakeholders including Management, Product teams, developers, architects, operation teams and the like
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor degree (BA/BS) in Business, Computer Science or a related technical discipline.Advanced degree is a plus.
7+ years of experience, as an Analyst, Project Manager or Developer, working with technical teams developing Enterprise class software applications.
Excellent analytical skills and enthusiastic problem solver
Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
Strong knowledge of Project Management and SDLC principles and practices and agile frameworks.
Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. A demonstrated ability to effectively document and communicate technical and business issues and solutions to appropriate organizational levels.
Ability to work with minimal guidance. Ability to prioritize work, multi-task and manage one’s time.
Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
CSM certification is required. PMP and SPC certifications are highly preferred but not required.
Bachelor or Masters Degree in business, computer science or engineering or equivalent
Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and SharePoint) required. Working knowledge of Clarity PPM and Agile tools such as CA Central (Rally), Confluence Wiki, Tableau, and JIRA strongly preferred. As a member of the Technology organization, technical savvy, with desire and ability to learn new software is a must.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.