Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are looking for a talented, technical, proactive, energetic, and passionate person who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver. You will be a part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of REST Service APIs, Back-end Batching applications, and Web Front-End User Interfaces that are highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust. You will own and drive projects from start (gathering requirements) to finish (release into production). We are an Agile Scrum development shop with 2 week iterations. We are developing infrastructure and frameworks dedicated to engineering efficiency – simplifying and automating everything from CI/CD to developer analytics and productivity tools. We are leveraging state of the art, third party and open system tools to develop a highly efficient. Additionally, we are engaged in innovation where we build applications of next generation payment experiences using emerging technologies.
- Work with product owners to refine business requirements
- Analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable
- Provide technical documentation of solutions
- Break down architected solution into smaller, achievable tasks
- Present and communicate solution to both technical and nontechnical stakeholders
- Knowledgeable of data technologies and solutions
- Work with full stack development - back end, middle tier, and client side
- Debugging and providing solutions for complicated issues
- Participate in demos and code reviews
- Multi-task and support multiple teams
- Enforce software best practices, standards and processes
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3 or more years of work experience or
- More than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Experience in Java, J2EE, UNIX/Linux, PL/SQL, Data Structures, Design Patterns, Optimizations, Object-Oriented design, Shell scripting
- Proficiency with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
- Should be very strong in Core java basics and Algorithms, Multi-threading, Spring , Hibernate etc.
- Should have extensive hands on experience in developing message based architecture and low latency applications
- Must be able to tune the application performance and do memory management, and understand fundamentals of garbage collection.
- Experience with Spring MVC, Struts, JPA and Hibernate technologies.
- Experience in webservers like Tomcat, JBOSS.
- Expertise in Service Oriented Design & implementing RESTful APIs, JSON, Web services and XML
- Strong knowledge and working experience in relational database technology: SQL, JDBC, Oracle
- Experience with Web Services (JAX-RPC, JAX-WS, JAXB, REST/XML-over-HTTP, SOAP, WSDL)
- Experience and working knowledge of Hadoop and Big Data Technologies and Hadoop committers.
- Familiarity with Maven, SVN and GIT
- Experience with visualization and drawing/charting/graph library such as D3JS, and ExtJS
- Experience using Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Test Automation
- Ready to surround yourself with smart people who will challenge you on a daily basis
- Bachelors in CS is must have, 6-8 Years application development
- Strong programming knowledge in Java / Scala / Python
- Proficient knowledge in Front end technologies like AngularJS
- Mobile development experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge in Data Structures and Algorithm
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.