VP, Global Business Optimization - Client Services
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Global Business Optimization team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that drive business value. Our analytic consultants and data analysts work with Visa’s clients and staff to improve portfolio and product performance, program profitability and cardholder experiences around the world. By coupling in-depth analysis of portfolio behavior with Visa’s world-class products, digital offerings and marketing capabilities, we ensure our clients’ programs operate at their peak potential and that cardholders have seamless commerce experiences in both the physical and digital world.
As part of the Client Services organization, this executive leadership role has global responsibility for authorization improvement initiatives across a variety of Visa’s business verticals, including cross-border, digital and e-commerce. This charter is inclusive of strategy, program management, analytics, revenue targets, and communications. This role will require proven leadership skills, contextual business sense, and creative flair in order to solve real world business challenges for Visa and our clients. Understanding the value of data as an enabler of better business decisions is critical. The best candidate will maximize that knowledge by combining it with adept organizational navigation skills, the ability to manage relationships and a penchant for delivering compelling insights that inspire action and drive performance and financial results.
This role owns the strategy for ensuring peak authorization performance on Visa products. Key directives include:
- Lead authorization improvement initiatives for Visa, spearheading the strategic approach, communications, analytics, tactical engagement models, and financial/performance targets
- Establish and implement strategies that change the trajectory of growth, evolve our client relationships, and break through constraints to demonstrate tangible impact on Visa’s portfolio through improvements in authorization performance that can be measured at the macro-level
- Utilize data and insights as a driver to structure and solve business problems and make recommendations on a wide range of opportunities in collaboration with various internal stakeholders
- Clearly set global strategies and priorities which translate to appropriate regionalized delivery and collaboration
- Distill complex business problems, progress and solutions into easy to understand, concise communications for Visa’s senior executive team
- Build and lead a team capable of driving tangible performance opportunities to fruition with both rigorous depth and appropriate scalability for a large set of clients and stakeholders
- Foster a high performing culture within your team that becomes the benchmark for excellence at Visa; develop talent from within as well as recruit talent that can inject new perspectives, skill sets and experiences
- Serve as a strategic advisor to organizational leadership and peers – inclusive of regional Client Services SVPs, GBO regional leads, functional SVPs/VPs and others – in order to promote high levels of adoption and to mature our analytic capabilities and delivery effectiveness
- Exceptional business acumen and technical rigor – seamlessly shift between conversations with executives and technical staff
World-class leadership capabilities – direct, matrixed and influential
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
This position demands an energetic, analytic business executive with demonstrated thought leadership on building and sustaining an operational performance and/or client engagement function. Deep expertise in payments, analytics, business consulting or operational excellence is highly desirable.
A minimum of 15 years of success with progressive responsibility
7+ years of experience in management consulting, strategic operations or insight delivery
5+ years of leadership or management experience
5+ years of corporate strategy, strategic planning or analytic consulting experience
Possess a relentless client-centric, result-driven mindset coupled with strong problem solving skills and an ability to break down complex problems to promote alternative, new ways of thinking.
Be a transformative leader – inspire others to a new level of excellence at all levels of the organization.
Extensive experience in the banking or financial services sector with Visa experience or knowledge of the payments industry desirable; specific knowledge of authorizations is highly desirable
P&L ownership or similar quantitative business responsibility for financial or operational performance is highly desirable
Demonstrable experience leveraging data from a variety of sources to craft meaningful business insights that drive strategic or financial value
Exceptional verbal, written, motivational and interpersonal skills are required.
Graduate/advanced degree in a quantitative or business field is highly desirable
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
The position can be located in San Francisco, CA or Denver CO
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.