Lead DevOps Engineer, Jenkins
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Lead Systems DevOps Engineer will be responsible for evaluating, implementing and supporting various technologies and tools to optimize Visa’s Software Configuration Management infrastructure for scalability and efficiency. The successful candidate will lead the SCM Open Systems team that supports development teams in source code management, defect tracking, CI/CD, Dev Ops best practices and automated deployments. For this role, we are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to join Visa’s Software Configuration Management team to help us transform organizations by impacting their software tooling and processes. This is a great opportunity for someone with a relevant background to join a progressive organization and help build out our customer’s next-generation automation, and deployment platform. We need a talented, multi-disciplinary engineer who’s able to build out a continuous integration process married with a solid release strategy while having the ability to upskill our current team members and advise on best practice and strategy to management.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to lead by example, foster a collaborative and customer focus mindset to capitalize on efficiencies for our Development, Operations and Cybersecurity teams. Make decisions decisively, listen openly and consider other points of view and course correct as required. Cultivate an environment rich in open communication, mentoring of staff not versed in DevOps methodology and help our customers to excel.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as key leader and expert on DevOps practices
- Lead the current organization and help to mature internal DevOps best practices working in conjunction with Development, Engineering and Operations partners
- Serve as key liaison between management, technical development/QA staff and Operations to ensure that business needs are met
- Design and implement automated build and deployment solution for Visa Custom code applications utilizing Atlassian BitBucket/TFS/SVN/CloudBee’s Enterprise Jenkins/ArtifactoryPro
- Review/recommend usage of new SCM related technologies (Docker/OpenShift/Ansible)
- Provide technical leadership and support to design and implement automated CI/CD with tools such as Grooy/Ant/Perl/Shell scripting/Maven/Angular/NodeJS, PowerShell
- Mentor junior team members
- Discover and capitalize on automation opportunities that provide business value.
- Experienced with large scale CI/CD implementations and source code implementations.
- Provide and support a standard enterprise wide SCM infrastructure.
- Lead technical teams in troubleshooting activities to solve technical challenges
- Monitor progress on projects and provides technical direction as needed.
- Develop metrics that report on the progress of team initiatives
- Minimum of 7-10 years of Software Configuration Management experience, or Development experience, primarily in leadership roles
- A demonstrated DevOps expert with proven ability to optimize for both efficiency and scalability.
- Strong DevOps leadership and engineering experience applying DevOps and CI/CD concepts
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related technical discipline preferred
- Understanding and experience with a variety of deployment approaches
- Experience with Enterprise Jenkins or similar application CI/CD technology
- Experience in conceptualizing and designing overall pipeline architecture
- Expert in the use of scripting such Groovy/Ant/Perl/Shell Scripting/Maven, Powershell
- Expert with other source code management tools such as SVN/GIT/TFS
- Knowledge of automated testing (Selenium, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Knowledge of infrastructure concepts (IP networking, load balancing, firewalls, Cygwin, etc.)
- Experience with System Administration for Linux/Windows
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (Splunk, NetCool, Nagios etc.)
- Knowledge of development concepts (REST, JSON, etc.)
- Knowledge of branch strategies
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a lead SCM/DevOps Architect in an interop (Windows/UNIX/AIX/LINUX) environment.
- Proficient with defect/issue tracking tools such as JIRA.
- In-depth working knowledge of Software Configuration Management best practices and procedures, CMII or STI Certification preferred
- Knowledge of ITIL framework, ITIL Foundations Certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated and adaptable to change
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.