Director, CEMEA Digital Solutions Architect
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The newest Visa products are available to clients through APIs, exposed services, and SDKs. These products are consumed by our clients and partners, which include financial institutions and other organizations. To deliver these products within CEMEA, Visa is building a solutions architecture team to accelerate the rollout and scaling of new products.
As products are rolled out, Visa has a need to build regional technical expertise in how these products will be integrated with financial institution system architectures. This expertise will span across many products and business areas, and touch many different systems at financial institutions and other partners as we expand our solution set and deliver it in markets throughout the region.
Visa is looking for a talented individual with vision, passion and determination to provide technical solutions and delivery support for new digital products, including those under the Visa Developer Program. This person will provide technical solutions across multiple countries, channels, and technologies in the CEMEA Region. This person will work with external clients to create and implement new ideas emanating from the Visa Innovation Center. From strategic planning through high quality integrations and ongoing client support, this leader will cover a range of product functions.
The ideal candidate will:
- Believe passionately in the transformative power of technology in the world
- Have a strong technical background and ability to quickly build expert knowledge on new products and solutions
- Have a proven track record of working with external clients to implement cross-company systems using APIs, Web Services, and ideally, traditional payments technologies like ISO 8583
- Be comfortable communicating to large audiences and working in close collaboration with small audiences
- Be able to clearly articulate and document requirements to client stakeholders of various levels and abilities, including executives and technical resources
- Be able to manage concurrent projects to different schedules and timelines
- Be able to define and implement global processes across a large multinational organization
- Work with clients and partners, such as financial institutions and large merchants, to design technical solutions for new and existing products
Work with clients and partners in the Visa Innovation Center where required to create, build, and scale new product concepts
Lead technical architecture scoping sessions with clients and partners via in person sessions and conference calls
Liaise, schedule and plan effective implementation support for an ongoing pipeline of clients and their respective partners, enablers and acquirers
- Define, document, and implement regional processes that will align with global standards and best practices and achieve increased adoption of Visa products and solutions
- Own solution delivery for strategic clients and partners, particularly for new products in the region
- Own technical design discussions with global business and technical teams to ensure business and technical requirements are understood and properly documented and implemented
- Act as an internal expert and voice for banking system architecture and design considerations, informing regional and global product owners of how their products will be utilized
- Collect feedback from clients on features and functionality and work cross-functionally to ensure the Product and Technology teams incorporate that feedback into future releases
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent job experience).
- 10 years of total experience, out of which 6+ years of payments technology experience including direct client integration experience including solution architecture design
- Be a leader, self-motivated, and demonstrate the ability to influence and communicate effectively across functional lines to ensure all participants and stakeholders deliver according to schedule and budget
- Hands on programming experience and the ability to converse on the process of choosing the right technical tools to solve a business problem
- Experience working with retail banking and payments processing systems, across multiple financial institutions
- Experience in delivering quality product integrations within scope and on time
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Excellent facilitator and moderator of technical discussions, without losing sight of business needs
- Ability to be creative and manage competing priorities to achieve desired end state