Polytechnic Traineeship, Innovation & Design
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Innovation & Design (I+D) is a global client facing organization that sets Visa’s public innovation agenda, develops commercial partnerships with industry leading brands and platform providers, and promotes hands on incubation and rapid prototyping to demonstrate the art of the possible for clients and partners.
I+D runs innovation centers in various regional offices, this function focuses on Visa’s Asia Pacific region and includes major markets such as Australia, Singapore, Japan, China, India, Indonesia, Thailand among others.
Key responsibilities (percentages are guides only)
- (70%): Support end-to-end co-creation projects with Visa’s largest clients and strategic partners across AP
- Areas of support include research, user interviews, design, group facilitation, and logistics
- This is a direct client facing role with deep multi-week work with client teams on digital projects
- (20%) Support Visa’s I+D team in intelligence gathering for co-creations as well as help build new content, narratives, stimuli
- (10%) Support Client Briefing Center Tours and Discovery sessions
What are we looking for in a Polytechnic Trainee?
- Students pursuing a Diploma in Business, Business Information Technology, Information Technology, User Design Experience or related fields
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong command of English – written and oral is a pre-requisite
- The ideal candidate will bring a combination of business knowledge and creativity/design skills.
- Experience or knowledge in user experience design and/or design thinking is a huge plus
- Must be able to work in a dynamic startup-like team environment with a diverse team
- Energetic, positive, with a can do attitude
The Polytechnic Traineeship Program runs from September / October 2019 to February / March 2020