Polytechnic Traineeship, Merchant Sales & Acquiring
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) AP team is responsible for Visa acceptance everywhere in Asia Pacific. The team works with domestic and international stakeholders (e.g. merchants, acquirers) to protect and grow merchant volume through expansion of Visa acceptance, growing Visa payment products, driving innovation and maintaining consumer confidence in the Visa brand.
Within MS&A, the Strategy & Business Planning team is responsible for enhancing the effectiveness of regional and local teams. The team leads high priority regional strategic projects, goal setting, performance tracking, and analytics supporting the country teams.
The Trainee will be working on a multitude of projects and collaborating with internal stakeholders across MS&A and other relevant departments. The work scope is expected as follows:
- 40% - Independent research / analytics projects
- Support high-priority regional projects via research work and business case development (e.g. document investment activities of a leading wallet player across Asia Pacific)
- 40% - Process improvement and Business decision models
- Explore automation / improvement of current processes, and if feasible, implement the recommended solutions
- Build tools / models to enhance business decision making (e.g. build analytical tool to understand marketing campaign Return on Investment)
- 20% - Market performance reports
- Collate Visa data and analyze market performance
What are we looking for in a Polytechnic Trainee?
- Students pursuing a Diploma in Business, Business Management, Business Administration or related fields
- Curious, enthusiastic and mature individual with the willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and takes initiative to solve problems independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Tableau is a plus
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- Strong affinity toward data analytics
- Highly collaborative in working with internal stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Polytechnic Traineeship Program runs from September / October 2019 to February / March 2020