Senior Director – VBS Strategy - Pricing and Analytics
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Business Solutions
The Visa Business Solutions (VBS) team is a world-class commercial organization experiencing tremendous, double-digit growth as we expand into new payment flows and continue to grow our core card solutions. This is an incredibly exciting time to join our team to help drive this growth globally. Our team brings payment solutions and associated services to clients around the globe. Our global clients and partners deploy our solutions to serve the needs of Small Businesses, Middle Market Clients, Large Corporate Clients, Multi Nationals and Governments. We work closely with Issuers, Merchants, FinTechs and other ecosystem players to deliver these services. We believe that the commercial payments market is at an inflection point whereby Visa can play a larger role in building and delivering solutions around the world. Our focus within Business Solutions is to identify needs, assess opportunities and options and quickly act upon our vision while ensuring strong execution.
Commercial payments are rapidly evolving around the globe - critical to Visa’s ability to deliver its payment services and solutions is our understanding of and ability to predict ongoing market dynamics and trends. We must also understand how pricing for our products and services compares to the value realized by our customers. This is equally true for all Visa products, including new products and solutions we are launching, like B2B Connect, and our core Card/Network based payment flows. In this VBS Strategy - Pricing and Analytics role, you will develop an integrated view, grounded in data, across VBS’ products and services and help set the strategic direction on their pricing. You will work very closely across all pillars in Visa Business Solutions, including executive leaders and other global stakeholders across Visa.
- Develop and execute a robust, long-term global pricing strategy for Visa Business Solutions products and solutions
- Influence partners and stakeholders at the executive leadership level across regions
- Partner with VBS product leads to refine pricing strategy over time, and to develop strategies for new products and enhancements
- Maintain an up to date understanding of Visa’s pricing relative to other competitors, relative to the value provided to clients and end users, and relative to Visa’s internal costs
- Work closely with other Visa teams including Strategy, Pricing, and Product Management across regions
- Bring a strong focus of innovation to Visa, related to the rapidly emerging commercial payments space
- Build and maintain an ongoing systematic process to manage VBS pricing globally
12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD.
- Related product, pricing, and/or strategy experience – preferably within payments
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills ( including quantitative) and the ability to summarize across analyses to develop business insights and recommendations
- Ability to successfully navigate dynamic and complex environments and to assess and predict second and third order impacts
- Strong written and oral communication, including large-group presentations; ability to present to executive leadership and to clients
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership.
- Strong project management and execution.
- Strong understanding of the rapidly evolving payments landscape globally and the implications to global clients around the world.
- Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example.
- Operates with a sense of urgency and drives team members to act in a similar manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degree in a quantitative field is a plus.
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.