Senior Director, Product Management, Global Seller Solutions
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Global Seller Solutions focuses on building and deploying products and services which simplify, expand and enrich connections between sellers and their customers, empowering sellers to succeed and fulfill their purpose.
The Senior Director, Product Management, Global Seller Solutions is responsible for driving the next generation of Seller solutions globally for Visa. Responsibilities include defining requirements and roadmaps for seller products and solutions, defining and executing go-to-market plans to bring to market innovative offerings that create incredible value, delighting sellers and our ecosystem partners (e.g. acquirers, processors, payment technology vendors).
Successful execution of this role will be achieved through a combination of leadership, product development/solutioning experience, GTM planning and execution ability, strong knowledge of sellers’ technology ecosystem, market trends, solutions and technologies, excellent communication and technical skills, collaboration with multiple internal teams and applied product strategy in seller product offerings.
In addition, this role will contribute to the overall strategic vision, planning and operation of Visa Global Seller Solutions product solution portfolio.
This is a matrixed, cross functional role, so organizational savvy and interpersonal skills are critical. This role will interface across all regions and multiple markets and engage with specialized product groups, financial institution sales, merchant sales, client consulting, operations, technology, risk, analytics, marketing and corporate communications, legal, standards, corporate strategy, interchange/pricing, finance to coordinate the build, launch and support of new and existing products. Visa is looking for an individual that pays attention to detail, is customer centric and experience focused, with a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines, an ability to correlate data and trends to business drivers, but who can also think big and contribute to strategic planning, drive change management and lead executive messaging.
12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Proven work experience in product management leadership role, from ideation to commercial success
- Strong understanding and proven work experience on Seller products, solutions and technologies
- Proven experience and understanding of product development methodologies
- Entrepreneurial approach to rapidly testing new product concepts in the market and incorporating learnings
- Demonstrated track record of developing product strategies based on business objectives and coordinating the successful implementation to deliver measurable business results
- Attention to detail and quality on both internal team work and external products brought to market
- Hands-on and consistently turn strategies into execution and results
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions and manage uncertainty
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills to influence and instill confidence with stakeholders at all levels and in all functions/geographies
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and results driven, with proven success over a wide variety of functional business problems
- Excellent communication skills, strong executive presence and the ability to lead and inspire teams
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on serving clients
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate with evidence of tangible business results
- Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Strong sense of urgency and experience driving to successful commercialization
- Experience with API design, standards and documentation
- Experience in payment acceptance, both online and face-to-face
- Knowledge of Visa products and technology is a plus, but not required
- Ability to work with limited direction, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to develop rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior product management while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Travel up to 30% globally