Technical Project Manager - Data Product Development
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Data Product Development group is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides the enabling technology and processes to manage Visa's data assets and deliver value added information
products and services to customers. Areas of focus include Business Intelligence and Analytics, Marketing Services, Commercial Card, Fraud/Authentication and Risk. The portfolio comprises of over 90 data products for various external clients and internal lines of business. We provide services on behalf of traditional bank customers to millions of cardholders and merchants around the world. Our application development is on the cutting edge of technology, and we are viewed as innovative leaders within our industry.
Data Product Development is looking for a senior level Technical Project Manager to lead large scale, cross divisional program/projects with budgets in excess of $10M. They will work with Product Owners to develop project roadmaps which align to business objectives and sequenced by priority and resource availability. They will also work with business and technology subject matter experts to define scope, create estimates, develop budgets, and produce documentation needed for funding approvals.
Bachelor's degree (BS) in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- CSM certification is required. PMP and SPC certifications are highly preferred but not required
- 7+ years of experience, as an Analyst, Technical Project/Program Manager or Developer, working with technical teams developing Enterprise class software applications.
- Excellent analytical skills and enthusiastic problem solver
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Strong knowledge of Project Management and SDLC principles and practices and agile frameworks.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. A demonstrated ability to effectively document and communicate technical and business issues and solutions to appropriate organizational levels.
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and SharePoint) required.
- Working knowledge of Clarity PPM and Agile tools such as CA Central (Rally), Confluence Wiki, Tableau, and JIRA.
- Manage large scale, cross divisional program/projects with budgets in excess of $10M.
- Work with Product Owners to develop project roadmaps which align to business objectives and sequenced by priority and resource availability.
- Work with business and technology subject matter experts to define scope, create estimates, develop budgets, and produce documentation needed for funding approvals.
- Ensure the program and projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls and that accurate and timely information is reported regularly on program progress and financial status.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to all stakeholders; hold regular cross organizational management briefings.
- Manage multiple Scrum Teams with geographically distributed team members.
- Drive Scrum Teams to self-organization, utilizing Agile Best Practices responsible for end-to-end Feature Management, i.e., Feature Grooming, Feature/Release Planning, Sprint Cycle, Release Management
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and issues.
- Identify and manage dependencies and impacts
- Maintain meticulous records of projects and programs financials, issues, risks, decisions, schedules.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.