Client Relationship Manager
- Tokyo, Japan
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Reporting to the Client Relationship Management Lead, this role is responsible for supporting some of Visa Japan’s key clients through relationship management and sales disciplines. Your strong analytical and project management skills combined with your basic knowledge of B2B business will assist the CRM team achieve high client satisfaction scores and revenue growth for Visa and our clients.
- Supporting three CRM Directors by coordinating the efforts of cross functional teams (other departments supporting Visa’s clients). This involves project managing key initiatives and driving project progress.
- Coordinate communications and meetings between clients and Visa cross functional teams on specific client initiatives to ensure all client contacts support the initiative and Visa’s standards for client service.
- Work with CRM Directors and cross functional team to design Quarterly Business Review agendas that matches client & Visa priorities, and coordinate content development.
- Work with CRM Directors and Product Team to identify new alliance opportunities at new Fintech start-up companies, and build engagement plans such as launching a new Visa Prepaid Card program with them.
- Responsible for responding to various inquiries and questions from clients’ working level staffs on Visa’s operating rules by working with cross functional teams. This involves getting approvals for rules waivers and amendments for the clients from management teams by presenting logical reasons.
- Work with the Visa Consulting & Analytics team to undertake portfolio performance analysis to capture the characteristics of the portfolio such as identify for Clients as required.
- Work with CRM Directors and cross functional product teams to identify new opportunities for existing and new clients and build pitching materials including designing of financial incentive deals.
- Work with CRM Directors and cross functional teams to prepare and present client incentive deal ideas to Visa management team members for approval.
- Work with CRM Directors and cross functional teams to help clients developing new mobile apps or adding new features to the apps by leveraging Visa’s capabilities through co-creation sessions. You will be responsible for selling the ideas to the clients, and organizing and navigating the co-creation session.
- Responsible for keeping Salesforce an internal client management tool contemporary, including Account Plan, Initiatives, Call Reports, Contacts.
- Monitor revenue drivers through client’s monthly report, VisaNet data, and Client Operating Certificate data.
- Support CRM Directors update sales volume forecasting models by working with the Finance and Product teams to create accurate forecast combining client historical performance, market trends and business/product plans.
- Meet Compliance requirements of client deals. Review client’s quarterly reporting, track contractual obligations and initiate timely incentive payments.
- Facilitate contract executions (in English) such as client incentive deals through coordinating Finance & Legal approvals, term negotiation, and signing.
- Support the entire Japan CRM teams by project managing key client and sales function initiatives as required including events and client hospitality.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Account coordination or relationship management
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable with quantitative analysis, financial modelling, and finding ways to add quantitative rigor to qualitative analysis
- Good written and oral communications skills, both in Japanese and English
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities and multi projects for different stakeholders on different timelines
- Digital curiosity and savvy
- Stay current and up to date with the latest innovation, digital trends, research, skills and education
- Communicates openly, honestly and respectfully – ensuring opinions are heard
- Ability to build close relationship with new clients
- Keeps clients’ needs at the forefront of priorities and takes action to provide high quality solutions/ services that exceed expectations
- Ability to deal with and perform in situations/ environments of ambiguity when making decisions or operating in high pressure, time bound situations
- Adapt and recognize the appropriate mix of qualitative and quantitative input required to make an informed decision, particularly when prompt action is required
- Demonstrate energy and positive response when tackling challenging problems and view complicated tasks as engaging or motivating
- Show openness to new ideas, modifying viewpoints and direction in light of new information
- Quickly adapt to multiple changing work demands and priorities by adjusting style and tactics to fit the new circumstances
- Quickly recover from setbacks or failure by viewing as a lesson learned and trying again.