Technical Sales & Delivery Project Manager
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Project Manager position is responsible for driving implementation, Integration and timely project updates or escalations of the Technical Sales Team in the Asia Pacific Region. The Position is also responsible for the delivery of Enterprise Client Enablements and delivering a best in class experience for Clients. The candidate is required to work closely with regional sales teams, internal operations and Support teams, and product teams to ensure success.
The Project Manager will be responsible for contributing towards the continual enhancement of a Prince2 project delivery methodology to ensure we are aligned to industry best practices.
The candidate will have a passion for project management excellence, customer advocacy, and will see this role as contributing to the functional evolution of our business.
The success factors for the role in no particular order are:
- Asia Pacific Region project updates and escalations
- Successful Delivery of Projects and Enablements with Strategic Clients;
- Smooth, seamless and delivery experience for Strategic Clients;
- Project Management of Complex and bespoke Solutions
Candidates should have demonstrated skills in Project Management, Card Present & Card Not Present Processing, Acquiring Host Development and Enablements, acquiring operations, Client Delivery, presentation/training in the payments industry. The candidate should also be familiar with IT systems related to acquiring, payment gateway, payment security, and fraud prevention. The right candidate will have a passion for delivery, enablement excellence and customer advocacy.
Specific Responsibilities will include
- Contribute with the continual evolution of the Project Management methodology (including processes) to ensure Visa and CyberSource delivers projects as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Supervision of the project lifecycle for client implementations including, Project planning & effort estimation, RAID management with detailed reporting activity around all projects for project phases, timelines & impacts/forecasted P&L impact.
- Accountable and responsible for the successful implementation, deployment & launch of net new clients launching with the services that result in net new revenue for strategic enterprise clients.
- Provide project methodology support for internal & cross functional projects such as pilot programmes for new product launches or new service offerings.
- Maintain current and working industry knowledge of the project management life cycle process, methodologies and best practices which should be used to ensure constant service evolution through critical path evaluation
- Responsible for maintaining & ensuring all relevant service delivery documentation including but not limited to statements of work, PS agreements, project plans etc. are signed off prior to commencement of engagements with clients
- Ensure that knowledge & best practices are being shared & leveraged across the regional teams & globally where applicable through cross functional collaboration.
- Oversee initiatives to ensure quality-of-service is maintained regionally, with a focus on training and on-going development to improve the service.
- Act as an advocate for the Technical Sales and Delivery function, promoting the vision and mantra within the business, working with the regional sales team to ensure that their knowledge and awareness of team capability is up-to-date through close cross functional collaboration.
- Lead and promote cross-functional and global collaboration for execution and delivery of projects and implementation plans.
- Provide regular reporting, insight & updates to the Senior Director on performance of the team with respect to projects inflight, risks and issues, client launch dates etc. & resource utilisation.
- Work with third party resources as necessary to support client integration needs
- Drive improvements with internal stakeholders (Product Management, Customer Support, and Service Delivery) to support continuous improvement in our technologies and services.
- Project Delivery planning and coordination
- Task assignment and supervision
- Communication and risk management
- Issue escalation and resolution
- Develop tactical initiatives for delivery of turnkey billable solutions for Clients
- Minimum of 8 years in Card Management System / Acquiring Host Experience, IT consulting, project management, systems implementation and Web Programming, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Of which a minimum of 5 years in Project Management domain
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal skills; knowledge /certification of IT and payments best practices
- Strong understanding of payment processing infrastructure systems, technologies, and security standards preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.