Sr Staff Systems Engineer - Active Directory
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The global systems engineering group is responsible for engineering and support of the IT infrastructure for Visa Inc. and VisaNet. This includes planning, design, evaluation, installation, deployment, and maintenance of the IT infrastructure for the data centers and office facilities.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify creative solutions. This role serves as a technical and functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Broad knowledge in hardware, software, network and applications deployments thru automation
- Good hands on technical engineering professional with business insight
- Strong process orientation and solid grasp of software development and testing techniques, methodologies and best practices
- Good experience in design and implementation experience with custom and off-the-shelf applications, and help coordinate activities of multiple technology domains in terms of design and deployment ITIL certification preferred
- In-depth experience with the following Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019
- In depth experience with enterprise class virtualization technologies including VMware, Hyper-V
- Engineering knowledge with Windows Active Directory
- Strong working experience with Group Policies / Replication Topologies
- In-Depth understanding of FISMO roles, AD infrastructure and security best practices
- Strong working experience with Trust Relationships and 3rd party AD Integrations
- Strong Hardware and OS deployment experience in the following server product lines: HP ProLiant, Dell PowerEdge
- Strong scripting skills in Windows Environments. In-depth experience in automation / deployment using PowerShell
- Strong analytical and technical troubleshooting skills, and possess an ability to explain technical concepts and provide mentorship to junior staff
- Strong expertise and experience in system monitoring techniques and tools (SCOM)
- Engineering knowledge in TCPIP networking –link aggregation/redundancy, switches, routing and load-balancing
- Ability to write technical design and build documentations for all aspects of a technical infrastructure
- Solid ability to integrate content from other domain areas and construct final technical design documents
- Solid ability to provide level 3 support and guide level 2 administrators on problem resolution. Exhibit understanding and perform operational acceptance/turnover activities
- Work in a complex, highly-secure, and highly available operations environments and interacting with the technology domain authorities required to maintain those environments
- Function as the compute lead on critical infrastructure projects and initiatives
- Write technical design and build documentation for compute infrastructure
- Develop ITIL procedures, technology strategy, engineering standards, methodologies, task-plans and standard methodologies for Distributed Compute Engineering
- Collaborate with partner Engineering Disciplines to develop Infrastructure Building Blocks based Reference Architectures and standards that can be offered as services to our customers
- Mentor junior team members
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- “This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.