Senior Software Engineer B2B Connect - Data Product Development
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
About Global Commercial Payments Platform
Visa's Commercial Payments organization is responsible for managing Visa's B2B Payment delivery and innovation agenda through strategic partnerships with critical financial institutions. This group is responsible for defining and building the Non-Card based payment innovation and product for Visa Inc. Globally. The 5 priority verticals the team is focusing on are
1. Blockchain based Cross border payment platform
2. Near time Settlement
3. Enterprise ID stamping to create digital identity for corporates
4. Hyperledger chain-code development in Go-lang
5. Analytics and Data visualization
We are working on Distributed Ledger Technology and want to add a highly motivated Engineer to our team in Foster City, CA or Austin, TX. Work on emerging technologies, partnering with Product on implementation strategy. Work with technology teams to understand the business demand and ensure design and build of solutions creates or leverages cross-asset concepts and frameworks.
In addition, Global Commercial Payments team’s culture is built on the following values:
Put Customers First.
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each other’s Differences
We’re hiring talented Software Engineers to join us! You will collaborate and learn with a team of programming experts to solve problems and build technology solutions. We need smart engineers who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly-and are enthusiastic about building new technologies! This role has the potential to work in a variety of product areas and will have an impact on our customers and our products.
As a Software Engineer :
· Design and develop features, understand customer requirements and meet business goals.
· Build high quality and highly reliable software to meet the needs to the largest customers.
· Analyze and improve the performance, scalability, and high availability of large scale distributed systems and the query processing engine.
Why join the engineering team at Visa? Building new Payment Network using Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
· Build an industry-leading Payment platform that customers love.
· Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
· Learn about and contribute to:
o Hyperledger Open Source Project
o Highly-scalable and reliable Payment processing platform that runs at Visa’s scale.
o Disrupt existing broken cross-border payment platform
o User interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience.
o Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
· A bachelor's, master's, or doctorate degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
· 6-8 years of experience programming in C++, Java, Go-lang or other computer programming languages preferred.
· 6-8 years year of experience in C/C++/Java and experience designing and developing tool architecture preferred.
· 6-8 years of experience in Kafka Streaming is recommended
· 6-8 years of experience in Container platform (Docker, Kubernete, Helm Charts deployment etc.) is recommended
· Strong technical prowess, including understanding of algorithms, systems architecture and end-user experience.
· Ability to think unconventionally to derive creative and innovative solutions.
· Expertise in feature definition, design and feasibility.
· Demonstrated skill in estimating development time.
· Demonstrated skills in negotiation and conflict management.
· Accountability and Ownership
· Experience with data pipeline design and large-scale data processing solutions.
· Experience with implementation testing, debugging, documentation, query optimization, query execution, compiler design and implementation.
· Experience with large scale distributed systems, transactions and consistency models.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.