Staff Information Security Engineer - B2B Identity and Access Management
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Information security is an integral part of Visa’s corporate culture. It is essential to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments, and it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorized access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Information security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and/or the bottom line, and it is a priority on everyone’s agenda
The successful incumbent will be part of Visa’s Business to Business Identity & Access Management team, which is part of the larger Cybersecurity organization. The B2B IAM team has a Global focus, and is responsive to an evolving threat landscape, regulatory compliance, IT security requirements and technology architecture. The B2B IAM team is responsible for secure access to business portals and associated services.
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least 7 years of work experience or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree
- 5 + years of experience in web development using ASP.NET MVC with C#
- Understanding and experience with IAM internal (session tokens, session management, single sign on and federation)
- Able to integrate existing API (REST) with Angular
- Knowledge of CSS pre-compilers like Sass
- Work experience on .net core and CI/CD
- Understanding of cyber security landscape
- Good understanding of performance optimization at scale, experience with large scale cross data center deployments
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of industry standards and trends
- Will be part of the B2B IA team that works on developing access management solutions
- Writing .net, angular and .net core code for access management applications
- Working with other vertical functions to understand the requirements
- Working with Cybersecurity to open security assessments and helping with code scan and code reviews
- Running design and architecture discussions with teammates in different geographies
- Working with operation to run implementations
- Troubleshooting QA and production issues post deployments
- Helping QA understand Jira stories and writing test cases
- The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position does not require the incumbent to travel.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.