Director/Sr Director, Product Management – Next Gen Payments
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Are you excited to build the next generation of payment products and services? Do you want to convert your ideas into innovative solutions? Do you want to be part of building and delivering solutions at global scale applying local needs that delight our users?
Visa is looking for an accomplished Director / Sr. Director, Product Management in the Consumer Payments organization with a passion for innovating and shaping the next generation of payment products. This strategy and product role requires defining product strategy, developing product messaging, positioning, and regional execution plans. You will work closely with cross-functional teams in Product, Marketing, Partnerships, and Sales to drive thought leadership, product strategy, understand competitive landscape, and contribute to the roadmap shaping the future of payments.
- Build, lead, and inspire a team of high performing product managers by attracting top talent and creating an innovative environment for team members to excel
- Define the key benefits, market differentiation, product strategy, customer value, and the solution positioning across verticals, markets, and regions
- Lead, and work across the marketing, product management, and sales teams to execute feature launches that highlight innovative use cases and drive demand
- Work closely with marketing to define the product value proposition and create collateral and campaigns to drive successful product launch
- Understand the trends and competition in order to deliver compelling messages that effectively position our offerings for success
- Work closely with Regional teams to understand trends, competitive landscape, and shape the direction of the roadmap as well as align the strategic direction of regional and global initiatives
- Provide thought leadership, strategy & planning, content & messaging, and measurement & analysis
- Incumbent must make themselves available to speak with partners in various international time zones
Director - 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Sr. Director - 12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree; 10 years of work experience with Masters/MBA/JD/MD; or a minimum of 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 5+ years of product management or product marketing experience
- Customer champion with a proven track record of developing and executing a product vision for successful products based on deep understanding of customer needs
- Graduate degree in business management, computer science or information technology, including at least 8 years of experience leading teams in payments arena
- Proven leadership capabilities including strong thought leadership, effective decision making, and ability to drive for results
- Experienced to develop talent from within and recruit talent that can inject new perspectives and experiences
- Deep background in payments and product management with a proven record of scaling products
- Deep experience with all aspects of product development life cycle, including planning, product management, and development. Customer centric mindset.
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on client success. Comfortable making decisions with limited data
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate. Demonstrated passion for driving payments innovation
- Travel requirements are approximately 20%
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.