Lead Software Engineer - Bigdata
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
DaaS development is building the Next Generation Data processing platform with cost-effective and distributed applications on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Building next generation DaaS applications require collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, Data architects, DevOps engineers, payment experts and infrastructure architects.
This assignment will create new capabilities in Data Platform to interface and process VIP authorization data real time to create time window based modelling and near real time data visualization for trouble shooting and research. You will help shape the overall structure of the DaaS(Data as a Service) offerings.
- Analyze and develop new applications.
- Design, develop, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Willing to learn new technology and contribute to the future data processing in Visa.
- Responsible for the over-all systems architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties on software development or support issues.
- Collaborating with and/or lead cross-functional teams, build and launch applications and data platforms at scale, either for revenue generating or operational purposes.
- Developing and delivering quality services on time and on budget.
- Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities.
- Become a subject-matter-expert (SME) for various program domains in support of building test capabilities.
- Ensure quality of services are near 100% defect free and services work in production to support uptime SLA of each program.
- Develop & Maintain VISA Reference data management platform and fulfil the downstream application data requirement
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Engg & Computer science.
- 12+ years of programming experience
- Strong Coding and Development experience and knowledge on Hadoop big data platform.
- Very good working knowledge on Java, Spark, Kafka, HIVE, PIG,SCOOP programming.
- Experience in working on Agile and Dev-Ops development environment.
- Experience with large distributed services is a plus as is building/operating highly available systems.
- Experience using version control and bug tracking tools.
- Ability to generate creative and innovative solutions for QA challenges and constraints.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements.
- Strong technical vision, presentation and technology leadership skills.
- Expert level SQL skills for data manipulation (DML) and validation (SQL Server, DB2, PDB).
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.