Risk Technology Staff Software Engineer
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Legal, Risk and Compliance (LRC) Staff Software Engineer provides development and 3rd level support for LRC applications for Visa reporting to the Director of Risk Technology. Support of these applications spans involvement with review and understanding of business requirements, design, development, integration, testing, implementation, and maintenance of the platform. This role will have significant collaboration with business partners, multiple internal technology teams, project team members, and vendors during functional requirements, project lifecycles, and ongoing support. We are looking for team members who have an understanding of the governance, risk and compliance systems space, ability to understand business processes and be forward thinking to identify opportunities and technology solutions. In this team there is a strong emphasis on being obsessed with the customer experience. The portfolio includes packaged software such as RSA Archer, Veritas eDiscovery and Wolters Kluwer Teammate Audit Management.
Lead development/configuration resource across multiple Agile projects, delivering meaningful functionality, ensuring that development activities comply with technical standards, policies and guidelines
Development and application configuration including integration and application extensions
Design and implement solutions to enhance the end user experience utilizing vendor supplied APIs and web services
- Create project artifacts supporting requirements, architecture, functional/technical design, and support documentation
- Provide data driven technology recommendations including opposing views and/or alternative solutions
- Act as a subject-matter-expert (SME) for various program domains in support of building test capabilities
- Partner with IT groups such as Engineering, Network, Security, and Infrastructure on project delivery activities to ensure effective and timely deliverables
- Accountable for accurate project estimation and adherence to budget
- Drive continuous improvement around project related processes (i.e. conceptual approach, estimating, security, implementation, testing, training, etc…)
- Own level 3 support (application defects, code remediation, minor enhancements)
- Participate in vendor demo and technical deep dive sessions as a technical SME contributing scoring and recommendations for implementation
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Minimum 5 years of development experience and 2 years RSA Archer GRC platform experience required
- Proven experience working with technologies such as XML, XSD, XSLT,WSDL, XPath, JSON and SOAP/REST Web Services and Web technologies
- Advanced level SQL skills for data manipulation and validation (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle)
- Experience with the Microsoft .Net Framework and the Visual Studio IDE
- Excellent business analysis skills to translate requirements to functional and technical design
- Understanding of project management(Agile/Waterfall), SDLC, risk management, quality engineering, and project delivery tools such as JIRA
- Comfortable learning new technologies quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PowerBI and/or Tableau experience a plus
- Business Process Workflow platforms experience a plus
- Position requires incumbent to travel <5% of the time
- Position will require incumbent to work during core business hours
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.”
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.