Staff SW Engineer – Full Stack -UI
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The role is for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills and expertise with FULL/ MEAN stack technology. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. The successful candidate will be a Staff Software Engineer in the Operational Resiliency Risk area.
· Responsible for the architecture, design, development, implementation
· Instill best practices for software development, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules
· Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
· Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures and best practices standards
· Primarily responsible for UI design & development activities
· Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, and other related items
· Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms.
· Build prototypes and POC of new technologies and functionalities
· Participate in providing project estimations and timelines
· Participate in code reviews
· Support QA, UAT and performance testing phases of development cycle and implement DevOps principles from development to deployment to production
· Provide L3 support for application
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or technology related field
· 7-10 years of software development experience, with demonstrated expertise in leveraging standard development best practice methodologies
· Full Stack Software Development experience in of mission critical applications
· Experience with n-tier web application development and experience in J2EE based frameworks
· Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Jira and Git
· Strong on elegant coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly
· Leveraging Agile and DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation
· Experience with Web Service development using REST, JSON, XML
· Experience with NoSQL databases like Mongo DB.
· Experience with database technologies like SQL Server, MySQL
· Working experience of scripting on Unix/Linux
· Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong automation mindset
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Quick learner; self-starter, detailed and thorough
· Experience in building business continuity applications is a nice to have
· Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels
· Experience with data visualization technologies
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.